New whip!

It’s just a comfortable car. I can tell you our base suspension Boxster is not exactly a pleasant ride around the construction potmarked streets of SF. It’s a run ride but the car bounces all over the place.

The base Porsche seats are fine. You add the partial two tone leather for $800. Parking sensors, air suspension, Sirius, PDLS, sport exhaust. HRE flow formed wheels are a better buy than upgrading to Porsche’s 20".

It’s way better to pick a V6 turbo over a supercharged V6 for a 4300 pound crossover. You need the torque. Porsche spent a lot of time and money making the Q5 into something that feels like a sportscar. The idea is to take 4 adults to dinner or a short road trip comfortably, nothing more. This is not for Home Depot runs.

maybe four adults your size (the other thread you said you weighed 135) but I don’t fit in the back of the Macaaaannnn. Not even close. Too slopey, and too short on legroom.

Dudes in the front, ladies in the back is a workable situation. Like every car, it’s a compromise. I see a lot of value in it, compared to a Tesla 70D which still pushes $85k and has a worse interior.

Yeah the macan really grew on me, still haven’t driven one but my boss owns a 991, a macan s and a cayenne s. he drives the macan s every day so it must be decent ride:) when I asked him why only the s, he said in the states without the autobahn and more traffic laws why bother. He was born in Germany so that explains a lot.

I do think the c7 s6 is a ton of car for the money, but a lightly used 2013 s8 is depreciating fairly heavily and will be in shouting distance some time soon, I know most don’t like the huge cars but the c7 isn’t tiny to begin with. I’m still a fanboy of the big v10s, I value throttle response and sound over the big power turbo numbers these days, but that’s just me. What would be cool is an rs6 with a rs5 motor with bumped up displacement and a tune putting out 500hp, about zero percent possibility tho…

End rant, enjoy the c7 and tune it soon :slight_smile:

What would be cool would be an rs6. Or the last one. Both incredible… Neither obtainable here. Annoyingly

And yes the C7 is huge. They’re a few inches from D2 S8 size.

One week later, I will admit to somewhat missing the razor-sharp throttle response of the 3.0T. The flip side is that once the turbos are spooled, the S6 is GONE, especially from highway speeds.

I do need to VAG-COM lower it, which I should have time for this week as I’m on vacation.

Still deciding whether to keep the stock wheels or trade them for the five arm “rotor” style titanium color rims. I have always liked the grey wheels/white car look, but I’m torn.

Opinions?

What is VAG-COM lowering? Is this car on an air suspension?

Also, I absolutely love my five-arm-rotor titanium wheels and think they look great on white too (my car is black). The contrast is quite a nice look, go for it!

I think the titanium would look great, here’s the black optic package s6

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/630408223/overview/?aff=mitula#2

If you can please post oh how the vagcom lowering turns out. Rims make the car. Its a hard call but the rotor rims look sooo good

I think the stock wheels are great
Anyone know what they weigh?

Yep, that’s the look I’m considering.

I like them, too.

I think a set of the rotor rims .5 wider and with a slightly more aggressive offset might look even better, especially combined with lowering…

Yes, and it’s a pretty simple process to reset the “standard” ride height about 17 mm lower.

Will report back once I try it…

People did something similar with the old C5 Allroads and D3 A8s. The air springs would fail faster because of it. Hopefully Audi has made the C7 air springs much better than the older ones.

zcd needs to start a build/mod thread in the S6 section with even moar pics of his awesome new car. :slight_smile:

So jealous of all you V8 guys . . .

I’d guess 32 pounds in 20" cast.

Here’s the thread on the procedure from AZ:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/608556-HOW-TO-Lowering-AAS-with-VCDS?p=9965520&viewfull=1#post9965520

Thanks so it is basically the 402 mod

http://allroadfaq.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=99:the-402-mod-suspension-adjustment-via-vag-com-tool-&catid=65:suspension&Itemid=71

Zcd, just wanted to check-in to get your thoughts on the car after owning for I guess about 8 months. Seeing some prettty reasonably priced cpo cars, so this beast is def. in the mix for my next vehicle.

Trying to decide if I should 1) trade in my suv and consolidate into one newer sporty all around car like the c7 s6 or 2) keep the suv and add a more sporty car or project car like a 996 turbo or early 997 S, possibly even back into a v10 s6/s8 but it almost seems too duplicative with my suv…also thought about option 1 with a 2010 panamara turbo but honestly I’m having trouble paying 10-15k more for three year old tech and arguably not much faster or tighter handling, and styling that which has grown on me still ain’t beautiful in all angles :slight_smile: from reading other forums and talking to owners there aren’t really much better all arounders than the s6/s7 or panamera turbo…

Sorry for the long post hope you dont mind this in your thread and can shed some light on yiur favorite features and biggest gripes on the vehicle so far?

What you think ZCD? ;D