Newbie rules???

lol ok. i haven’t tried a hosting site, just tried resizing and uploading from my laptop. thanks for the replies.

sweet i got an avatar now, thanks

Working my way to 150, too… ;D

I think its 100 posts, a bunch of stuff just opened up in my profile.

2 more and you will be able to modify posts! I am so happy now that I don’t have to leave random posts in place that need a fixin’ later.

Too bad the count doesn’t include your threads about wheels, started on audizine. You’d be over 1000.

:wink:

Uggh…I know…It was such a painful process. I am just glad I finally decided on a set. I just wanted to make sure to get it right the first time. They should be finish with being built by the time I get back. New design from Avant Garde’s new Alpha line. Should ha a pretty deep concave 3 piece design Bronze on bronze split 5 spoke design. Super stoked!! Now I can move onto making about a hundred threads about replacing the head unit… ::slight_smile:

The head unit is easy… just go RNS-e 2010+. I haven’t seen anything better with the same integration. 2 x SDHC slots for much music. Add in the AMI interface for full iPod connectivity and you’ll be all set.

Any good distributors or recommendations on where to purchase? Neozawa?

I went the cheaper but riskier ebay route

ebay as well. I do not have the AMI.

Ami is another 500 dollars. I don’t think it makes sense.

You can use your Apple devices with it like an ipod , but I find the sound somewhat shit with ipod stuff.

Using your phone would be convenient in that you always have it but apple phones have no storage on them (oh thank you Steve Jobs, thank you for 32gb total storage and no card slot, thank you sir!) . And putting your phone in the glovebox is a pain in the ass

You can use a 500 gb (or whatever) hard drive in the glovebox. That would be cool. But it’s $500 for Ami + the HD for the privilege.

For me though the rnse2010+ can use 64 GB SDHC x 2…and 128GB is all the music in the world even at 320k.

Even 32gb x 2 is retarded. You’re talking about 7,000 songs at top quality. thats your favourite 400 artists greatest hits. Or your favourite 200 artists entire discography.

Right now I’m listening to every Ricky Gervais/Merchant /Pilkington podcast and radio show of all time (dozens of hours) as well as every Louis ck special (6hrs) and Dave Chappelle special as well as a pile of other comedians HBO specials or CD releases, and it’s all on one 32gb card I loaded it onto, and there’s frankly a TON of space left.

I have one card with all the good music ever made, and then the other card slot I use to dump stuff on now and again. I’m a photographer so I have tons of cards around and maybe that’s why I think it’s so simple?

People still store music on their phones?

Music streaming is so good nowadays and there’s a million apps to stream music. You can listen to anything you want or put on a shuffle mix like pandora, get on some sound cloud, hype machine, spotify, the list goes on and on. I don’t keep music on my phone.

^ RNS-E does not make it easy to stream.

Just use an aux/headphone jack connection. Until a head unit can mirror the phone display with touch, I think aux + phone holder is the easiest and most flexible setup

Or do like I did and retro fit a nexus 7 tablet in the dash. All I have to do is Bluetooth my internet connection and I can do everything except call and text. But that’s a level of custom most people aren’t willing to dive into. Lol.

I am not trying to show my age or anything, but all I really want to be able to do is play the music from my future iPhone 6 or 7 if its out when I get back, maybe play some sweet ass Pandora, and have a nice up to date navigation system. I can handle aux in to do it or even bluetooth. All that and still have the same output to the speakers that the OEM unit has. The 2GB slots and current Navi both suck major dog balls, so anything to get it gone…

I like high quality sound, instant song changes, I want to control it with the steering wheel, and I want to see it displayed on my RNSE screen. I don’t want a ghetto head unit. I don’t want to be illegally fucking with my phone to control the music (distracted driving is the number 1 cause of death on our roads now ahead of speeding, drink drive etc) and yes the grand majority of us don’t give a fuck about panda or spotty. Those services suck cock. I don’t want some weak ass mix from some ghetto advertising riddled music service, nor do I want to pay someone for shit sound. I want to hear from the bands I love. When I want.

Maybe you’re not into music? Your generation has no music. Just garbage manufactured pop princesses singing other people’s shit music. So maybe to that end you’re content with someone else’s music (yes I know you can thumbs up, thumbs down stuff but fuck it. Still not the same.

You’re the same guy going on about apple iTunes and the shit apple format, yes we have different goals ?

I have an RNS-e. Use it with my iphone, I keep my phone in the cupholder or passengers seat, I can view song info on the dash and RNS-e , change songs via steering wheel or nav or iphone. All it takes on the iphone is a double tap of hte home button and then press the upper right hand part of the screen, don’t even have to look up.

@Sakimano

Yeah ok. I could come up with a rebuttal but let’s be honest you are just going to argue more shenanigans. Clearly I am a stereotype among a generation with no culture. A simple hipster with no taste for anything. You know me so well. ::slight_smile: I’ll drop it, no sense in arguing with the stubborn.

how do you connect the iPhone to the RNSE?