Newbie with APR questions

Hey guys. I stumbled upon this forum after doing some reading on vortex. I was a VW mk4 owner for several years, fell out of the scene, and just picked up a new to me Audi A3. Previously, my mk4 had an APR software flash, and I loved it. Pretty mild but no complaints. Now that I’m back in a VAG product, I new I wanted a software upgrade and so naturally APR was my first choice, I’ve actually been thinking of going straight to stage 2.

Anyway, after some reading, it seems there have been many complaints about their latest software offerings from some GTI guys. That alone made me a bit leery. But, after digging, I found some pretty incredible discussions regarding APR around the time of their acquisition by Mangrove. I got the impression that the place has been falling apart at the seams, and I was more than put off by the actions of some of their employees (Arin in particular, who I’ve seen in other forums), and disturbed by the stories of their business practices.

I know all companies have their own internal culture, no one is perfect, and as a customer, that doesn’t always affect me. But… as someone who is doing stage 2 with a DP and intake at the most, how concerned should I be? I don’t care what the employees do in their private time, but if I get a flash that doesn’t work right, can’t get support from APR, because they’re jerking each other around on Facebook, or wherever, maybe it’s time to look at the numerous other tuners out there?

Sad because I used to be a big fan of APR and back in the day sung their praises.