O2 sensor cel, anyone resolved this?

My 2007 S8 (101k) has been throwing a cell lately, I cleared it at first hoping for the best but its back. VCDS scan shows:

000048 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Heating Circuit

P0030 - 004 - Malfunction / Open Circuit - Intermittent - MIL ON

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 10100100

Fault Priority: 0

Fault Frequency: 5

Reset counter: 255

Mileage: 163965 km

Time Indication: 0

Date: 2018.03.15

Time: 13:35:45

I searched and cannot find anything specific to the S8, There were some A8 comments around cleaning the connections that seems to address the issue.

Anyone had this on an S8 and fixed it, please god don’t say its an engine out job

Its in the same spot on the S8 as on the S6.

The tough part with the heater code is if that really means a bad sensor. If you feel the car is a little jurkey on light acceleration you want to make sure you just replace the sensor.

Thanks Justin, do you know of any posts or DIY’s to replace it?

I don’t know that there is. Let me search through some of the pictures I have and or try to grab a few more to help take some of the newness out of it for you. When do you plan on looking to replace this…

Probably in the next few weeks, I’ve purchased another car that needs some work.

Some posters on Audiworld noted that they have had these intermittent codes and it proved to be the wiring connectors
. So will give those a try first to see if it clears the codes, whilst it’s on the lift getting that done I’ll have a look at how difficult it is to get to.
Cheers

Well got back from vacation, drove the car of some errands and after the first trip the CEL has disappeared.

Presume after a set amount of time if the error doesn’t re occur it clears the CEL

Correct. Most codes self heal in 3 key cycles. Usually.