Official C6 A6 Member Profiles

Excellent car! Welcome!!!

Thanks @2008_S6 :slight_smile:

Hey guys! I bought my 2008 S6 back in October of 2019 and haven’t looked back. She goes off to the shop in May for a custom exhaust then who knows lol.

Looking forward to gettin to know some of y’all and all the info on this forum.

1 Like

Hey! Nice car! Welcome!

1 Like

Make sure to request an x pipe in place of the “h”. This will make it sound awesome

1 Like

I’m doing high flow catalytic converters to a x-pipe back to magnaflow bullet mufflers.

Are you going to drop the motor to do this?

Unfortunately yes but the shop that is going to do the work said that they might be able to make it work without dropping the whole engine.

Depending on the mileage of your car, you may want to consider replacing O2 sensors and some other “while you are there” items.

1 Like

O2 sensors are on the agenda. Started throwing that code last week so going to get those done.

Just for “fun”, I repainted my wheels. They were looking very sad after 14y of parking and curb rash…

Picked up a grey 2008 S6 sedan a few months ago, just over 200,000km’s on the clock, originally an American car but imported to Canada several years ago currently located in Calgary. Only modifications are a slightly larger exhaust done by the previous owner, it seems to be a custom job so I doubt it makes much of a performance difference but it does sound nice. Not really planning on doing much in terms of performance upgrades save for a possible transmission and engine tune. I’m working my way through the maintenance issues right now (trying do the front suspension right now, stuck on the axle bolt and pinch bolts currently) I’ve had the intake cleaned and the valve cover gaskets done

Planning on finishing this suspension, getting the oil pan gasket done and trying to fix the adaptive light on the front right as it’s seems to have failed. I’d like to upgrade the sound system to allow music streaming, I’ve watched a few videos on how to do it, but haven’t gotten around to it yet. Looking forward to spending some time here

Good luck

The JHM engine and TCU tune really wake the car up especially if you already have an exhaust.

Congrats on the S6 :muscle:
Looking forward to (hopefully) a little writeup from you on this :sweat_smile:
I have the exact same issue and due for MOT :see_no_evil:

Hey all! I bought a 2008 S6 with 106k miles 2 months ago and have been working through the maintenance and issues. Found out it had the exhaust replaced and an APR tune several years back.

I’m getting misses on several cylinders when cold, but it had new plugs 8k miles ago. I’m going to check them and swap a coil from a non-missing cylinder this weekend, so will probably be pulling off the new intake I installed last month to do the 2 cylinders I didn’t carbon clean well and install injectors.

Once the miss is fixed I’ll probably go for a different tune, the APR one isn’t as bad as I’ve read - its 5.3 0-60 and 13.0 in the 1/4 - but the transmission needs a little more waking up.

Does anyone know if you can save the old tune during the flashing process?

Thanks all, see you around!

Yeah for sure pass on the APR tune upgrade to the JHM tune. The JHM tune gives you more power and they have a TCU tune that unlocks a lot more fun overall. Not only that but JHM is still supporting the platform. So it’s a overall win.

2 Likes

Hi just bought a 2006 s6 and based in london. Stock except for k&n and miltek full system. It’s in the shop having a few Maintance issues fixed and a manifold check as apparently been replaced but wanna check

Looking forward to posting some more info when I have it

2 Likes

Howdy! Let the fun BEGIN! WELCOME THIS PLACE ROCKS!

Love the confirmation!