Official C6 A6 Member Profiles

Stance is important!!

I asked specifically for that offset when they were made and am proud of myself because I seem to have gotten it spot on - they only scrub a smidge over large bumps. Any further out and they would not be practical… But as mentioned above, tyre choice is still important. The FK453s scrubbed too much.

Vorstiener also now have the VFF-103, check them out!

Another S6 member here:

2010 S6 Prestige, Phantom Black Pearl with carbon fiber interior, RS6 grille, and I ran my S5 wheels on Michelin PSS for summers. Running Michelin Pilot Alpins for winter on the stock wheels.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm300/Drumstorm/Misc/2010_S6/70AC2B62-600C-4526-BD19-FD874F394ADE.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm300/Drumstorm/Misc/2010_S6/45F3D324-DD5B-476A-8F49-1CF4DCE6AE28.jpg

Car is looking great, Storm!

Tell him to post up on here about his C7! Would love to see how fast those are with Stage 2. I’m betting a S2 C7 could break into the 11’s on 100. That 8 speed ZF is stellar. I believe they already run low 13’s stock.

http://i.imgur.com/OQxkSKE.jpg

2007 S6, Phantom Black Pearl

I’ve only owned it for 3 weeks, still learning about it!

Cool factory options:
-Same as you guys, I think! Are there any S6’s in the US with any other options? Seems like they were all equipped the same.

Current mods:
-Full Milltek exhaust
-darker than is probably legal window tint
-…That’s it as far as I know!

Planned mods:
-APR tune, if it doesn’t have one already
-Air filters, or full intake if I can figure out how
-Lighter wheels!

Haven’t taken it to a track, but this thing is definitely fast. Years ago I had a 13.5 second WRX, and this car feels significantly faster. I have no idea if there’s carbon buildup, but I haven’t had any CEL’s and it certainly runs smooth.

I’m new to Audi’s, but I also have a 2003 Passat V6 in the garage, which hasn’t moved an inch since the S6 showed up. I’m really excited to meet some other S6 owners here! I have only seen 1 other v10 S6 in person since I started looking a few months ago, so it’s definitely an exclusive club it appears. I love that my car gets NO attention from anyone, except the occasional audi A4 driver who sees the V10 badge and does a double-take. Love it!

Great looking car (but Im only saying that because it looks just like mine)

AudiRevolution is the place to be if you have a C6 S6 :slight_smile:

I agree, the awesome torque in the S6 makes the car feel powerful. But the two of us who have gone to the track haven’t been able to crack a 14 second 1/4 (mine stock, and Ssicks has an APR tune and exhaust, and his time was extrapolated to 14.1 from an 1/8 mile run).

http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=3133.0

But dont let that discourage you from going. The more data we have from different cars, the better. Testing as many stock or lightly modified cars as possible is exactly what we need to establish a baseline for the car. And who knows, maybe youll do better.

One more thing, don’t get the APR tune just yet. There should be a much better one available soon. Ill have a thread up soon for my project car. If you are looking for some performance improvements, then there should be some cool stuff available in 2015.

Thanks for the heads up!

I knew it wasn’t the fastest car for the money before I bought it. I decided on the C6 S6 for a number of good reasons. First, a full size sedan is a must for me. I drive snow sometimes, so AWD is a must. I already had a WRX years ago, and didn’t want another Subaru or any other turbo car for that matter, been there done that. I wanted cylinders, lots and lots of cylinders! I’m probably the only person in town with a V10 audi, and every time I fill up my tank and realize I’m only getting 14mpg, I grin and laugh about the fact that I just don’t care!

I’ll take it out to my track when I get a chance… Honestly I don’t care about the numbers as much as I care about whether or not it’s fun to drive. And fun it is!

Yeah, agreed. They are awesome machines in so many ways.

Intro: I just traded my '05 A6 in for a newer '09 S6. This is my third Audi A/S6 and it will be my primary driver. I also have a '97 911 as my weekend car. The engine’s sound and power are both great. I have never owned a V8 (except an '84 Grand Wagoneer) so jumping from 6 to 10 cylinders is a noticeable difference in power but it is also definitely much heavier than the A6.

Model: 2009 S6 with 56,000 mi. and two previous owners

Color: Phantom Black Pearl

Cool factory options: Carbon Fiber trim (not sure what else was factory option)

Mods: S-line valve caps on wheels, 3 yr/36 mo Extended Vehicle Protection plan (insurance for expensive repairs!)

Wish List: fix the bad tint job on the f/r windows then find some lighter wheels, maybe the 5 spoke from the A6 4.2, if they will fit properly

I tried attaching a small picture but it gives a msg saying that the download folder is full. Anyway, the car is black with stock wheels and everyone knows what that looks like by now.

Thanks for adding your details.

Regarding the pic upload issued, there is a section at the top of the forum called “How to use this site” where you can post any issues you have, and people will help.

http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?board=19.0

2007 S6 - bought while I was living in DC, but now in Sofia BG. Bone stock and with an occasional misfire problem that we may have finally solved.

Beautiful car, bought relatively cheap, but I wish I got white or sprint blue. Black S6/8’s are everywhere in this part of town.

http://imagecdn2.panjo.com/images/3e125c92-7bf5-48ad-b584-bb3bde37cbff2.JPG

In Bulgaria? How’s the price of fuel there these days? It’s amazing a what a difference it is in Europe with so many audis. Not a lot of people know this but the C6 was the best selling luxury car in the world. Trounced the E class and 5 series.

Hi All,

New member here. I’ve had a few Audi’s over the years…and tinker on them myself …but this is my first “S”
Also have a mildly modded 97 Honda Accord EX (daily driver) and the wife drives a new Subaru Impreza (stock)

Make: AUDI
Year: 2007
Model: S6
Color : - Not Phantom Black…hehe - Silver/Grey

Mods: Dension Gateway 500.
LED DRL’s coded to say on when the headlights are on.
Pretty much stock is basically what I’m saying…lol.

Recent: Changed spark plugs/air filters and front brake pads. (Used Genuine Audi parts)

Car is garage kept… but I always bring it out to play when it’s snowing :wink:

Not sure if I’ve figured out how to upload photos yet but I’ll give it a try

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/205798_10150227655577387_3343214_n.jpg?oh=ce43e2dcdd7a5b930adc886bf6ca1245&oe=55664DDB

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/223405_10150233476077387_6209143_n.jpg?oh=df4803ac87e91eda1aa2d44e087a5d2c&oe=55570EBC

Very nice!

Love the color.

Thanks v8a6!

It’s hard to imagine here in the US, because there are very few C6 S6/S8’s. I’ve literally only seen a couple in the last few months. Nobody seems to know for sure, but by my estimates from reading AoA’s financial statements, I think Audi only brought around 1000 S6’s to the US each model year. And also by my estimates, 90% of them were black :stuck_out_tongue:

Man I know the S6 production numbers we not that big but it seems like everyone that owns one is in the right place. Audirevolution is the place for the S6.

I see one of you is in NJ one is Bulgaria where are the rest of the S6 guys located. I know v8a6 ran at milan we should all get together and have a track day. Might be cool to try and get as many S6 guys in one spot. I’m not a S6 guy but my s4 gets the job done.

It’s kinda crazy in this neighborhood. I almost never see a c6.2 with the updated taillights. But I do see a ton of c6s, more S6s than I ever saw in DC, and more A/S8s than either. Almost always black, just like in Beijing. Plus a ton of tricked up Panameras, cayennes and X/M6s. But most of all, this is an S-class town.

I’m paying about $1.33/liter for shell Nitro, down maybe 25% from last fall.

I’m pretty sure every S6 owner under the age of 50 is now here!