Official RS5 supercharger thread!

The new owner of Mario’s butchered “1000 whp rs5” posted a 60-130 of 7.23 seconds. Comparatively, 2010 FBO GTR’s with roughly 650 whp were hitting that time, same with the 2010 ZR1 (though much lighter). This also puts the car trapping roughly 135 mph 1/4 mile. Even with 2 shifts that’s rough. I reckon that car has 700 whp at most. Just goes along with Mario’s other dyno queen NA RS5 that was supposedly making like 450 wheel or something that I disproved with good old math. I feel bad for the new owner…

Mario is a full fledged scam - RS4 twin turbo kit.
I’ll have to fix the links we had a good thread on him might be time to clean it up.

If you didn’t know Mario has multiple accounts. So when you see someone sticking up for him chances are it’s actually him. He’s been banned from just about every website about 3x for being a fraud and having multiple accounts then. If you didn’t know in the beginning he got caught using fake time slips 4 separate times.

That guy is such a huge pile of shit he blew up multiple cars with his hack job shit then when he does he claims it’s actual company’s kits. He blew up a RS4 then claimed a JHM car came to him for help with a blown motor only for everyone to call him out and catch him in a lie trying to talk shit about JHM as people would actually like to spend money on a real company with real products. He then got caught doing the same with the new turbo 3.0T.

When you have a company like JHM that has built countless platforms and countless record setting times over and over across multiple motors a piece of shit like Mario can’t compete he can only talk shit and look for the most gullible sap to try and defraud. Good looking out to everyone who continues to keep calling that guy out.

Amazing!

I’m excited for the news when they decide to share it.

Sounds of things they are starting to share on insta makes me hopeful that we will hear some news soon :+1:

I saw he was putting turbos on one of the new S5 and posting about it on Instagram. What drama happened with that one?

If you haven’t seen it, JHM releases a short video on YouTube. With a safe tune, 91 octane, stock clutches and cats, they ran 11.07@125mph.

Should easily be in the 10s with their headers, possibly even with 93 octane fuel.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that the other day on Instagram. I’m a little underwhelmed but that’s probably a conservative tune on 91. Now that it’s all done I want to know why they stopped there. Pretty sure rings are still the issue. If one were to do rods, pistons, and rings gapped for boost how much higher could we go? There’s no doubt the block is good because Mario, as terrible as he is, is pushing very high boost through these engines.

I think this is just a teaser just a taste to get excitement.

But are Mario’s engines last more than 5k miles? 10k miles? If you spend that kind of money you want an engine that isn’t pushed well past a reasonable reliability limit, especially with the investment that JHM’s or Mario’s conversions would cost. A new Long Block from Audi is over $23~$24k from a discounted dealer and 6mo to a year wait. Personally for that kind of money, if my engine fails I’m going with a 4.0tt from a RS6/RS7/S8/SQ7/SQ8. More powerful and even stronger built internals than the S6/S7/A8 engines. We’re talking at least 200 lb/ft increase over an RS5 and 100~200 bhp more for a basic tune on the engine, nothing wild.

1 Like

You’re right and you of all people know just how expensive these engines are, even used ones. The boost ramping of the blue car is stupid and unusable. It reminds me of big turbo Supras that get boost at 4K and redline at 7k. I’m considering getting a warranty for my engine but also considering 4.0tt swapping it while it’s healthy because selling my motor will pay for the 4.0tt and zf8. The only cost would be labor, harness, and tune for the most part. If 125 mph is all we can expect out of factory internals that makes me kinda sad but it’s honestly expected. The supercharger should be a great success but I fear it will be overshadowed by 4.0tt swaps.

1 Like

And for the transmission it sounds like there is some flexibility. In B8/B8.5 cars here in N. America there are some running the ZF8 and at least on that I know of, a S4 running the original DSG. I have driven a few ZF8’s but not a tuned one. I’d like to drive a tuned one to compare it to the DSG. There is the DSG option from the S6/S7 which stock are rated at 406 lb/ft of Torque and you don’t here about a lot of those failing. I even heard about a 6spd conversion in one forum but never heard how it turned out. Need to find the time to scrub these forums further. I’ve already started a folder with links and literature to parts and conversions…we’ll see. Had the engine out of my RS6 twice now and out of the RS5 twice, what’s one more engine plull :frowning:

1 Like

I think we need to put this into a real perspective. From everything we’ve seen from JHM this is basically just something to tease you with. If I had to bet I’d say this was not even close to what JHM has accomplished it’s just what they’re publishing right now.

But time for some perspective.

A $120,000+ 2022 RS7 with a gen 2 4.0T 600hp and 600tq goes 11.3@122. So let that sink in.

The 4.2 RS5 has cats that fail with no tune and no supercharger. I think it’s incredibly responsible to draw a line that someone with cats can look to and expect and if we’re really being honest that’s a crazy fast time for a car on 91 octane let alone a RS5

hahnmgh63 like always brings the sensibility to the conversation. There are a few useless POS hacks that will be happy to fuck up ANYONES car for money with ZERO proof and zero reliability but that’s how most frauds work… That being said JHM actually has a good reputation and has said here is something we believe that can be faster than a brand new 120+K super car but still be relyable… Now if you ask me I don’t see the cats staying alive for too long no matter what you do but applause for what JHM is doing here.

Now to the 4.0T conversation -
On average most 4.0T cars are gen 1 and they with hopped up turbo are in the 10.3 range @ 132ish. I’d be surprised if I didn’t see a healthy mid 10 second or faster pass from JHM on this kit with real gas 93 fuel or better.

Then I think once JHM shows what happens when you turn it up a bit on this kit you’ll really see what is what. This same blower jhm is using wen’t something like 10.7@132 on a stick shift RS4 like 8 years ago. So I think once it’s all sorted you’ll be able to get 4.0T performance for a fraction of the price with the JHM kit… but that’s my .02

2 Likes

I think you’re pretty much spot-on justincredible. The catalysts are really the weak link here but mostly because it’s engine-out to change them. Audi really screwed us with that move. If I spent whatever it’s going to cost for the SC kit and my cats blew out a week later, I might not be too happy. So I understand the conservative tune.

I’m assuming there will be a “plus” tune for cars with cat-less headers but I’d also like to know what the fuel situation is, whether the stock HPFP’s flow enough fuel or are they very close to being maxed out.

On the piston rings, they’re identical to the R8 and they all do quite well with turbos and superchargers. I believe I read a technical document a while back that everything was forged, pistons, rods, and of course, the crank.

On the transmission, the DL501 is strong enough to handle lots more power. The stock clutches are good for 800Nm and there are aftermarket alternatives. I’m in a DL501 chat group that mostly tackles problems with the transmission and it’s about 75% S6 guys. Heavier car, more hp, but many of them are making 700 to 800hp. And it’s still the same problem, the mechatronic, not the gear set. Sometimes it’s worn clutches and you just have to wonder if that is because of failed solenoids and not being able to maintain adequate clutch pressure. But it’s mostly the same as the RS5’s gearbox, different clutch part number and different clutch plate. I haven’t checked to see if the gear ratios are the same.

The ZF8’s are not bulletproof by any means. They overheat too and can have differential issues. But it’s a ubiquitous gearbox used in many different makes/models and probably has a lot more aftermarket support.

2 Likes

Anyone know if the DL511 (w/13 clutch discs) is the same outside dimensions as our DL501 (w/11 clutch discs)?

1 Like

DL511 doesn’t exist it seems

It may not, some literature says DL511 for the S6/S7 and DL501 for the lower powered ROW A6/A7. Some say it is a misprint but I’d like to know for sure if the S6/S7 is the same housing, ie length as ours. Just means on a 4.0t conversion you would need the engine flywheel placed the same and then the OEM RS5 driveshaft (propshaft and front halfshafts) would all work. And you would think the extra 2 friction plates were installed because of the Torque difference between the RS5 and the S6/S7. Tuning benefit to sticking with the DSG would mean the engines ECU base code is tuned for the DSG, an A8/S8/RS6/RS7 motor would be tuned for a ZF 8HP.

1 Like

The DL501’s are all exactly the same dimensionally. The clutches are different and given more clutches, you’ll have more torque capacity. If I remember correctly, the diameter is different and the clutch basket may be different as well. If you swap clutch packs, I would think it’d require a custom tune to adjust the friction points, micro slip and other drivability parameters.

1 Like

If it does not blow out enough by itself, if youre likeminded to me, you can just sort of poke the ceramics out without engine out – has been done. Then see if you pass emissions where needed with a suitable fuel.

I have found 1-2 accounts of engine failues but they could be lemons due to valves dropping. max rpm 6800 should last

1 Like

As far as the S6/S7 DSG, I was only considering the use of it with a 4.0t which it was designed to work behind. Yes, the NSD & PWW were probably designed (oil pump for one) for the higher RPM’s of the CFSA and less friction plates due to the low torque of the motor. I do know 034 used the stock S4 DSG behind their 4.0t conversion, last I heard it was still running. But if I can get a S6/S7 DSG along with a 4.0t that is the route that I would prefer to take. My PWW has low miles and RS5 transmissions are getting hard to find (currently Audi says the are a year out at least if you wanted a new one). I sold the low mile NSD out of my parts car to a shop in N.H. as they had been on a waiting list from Audi for one of their customer cars and finally couldn’t wait any longer. No doubt there will be a market for a low miles 2015 PWW, as of now only 25~26k on it.

1 Like

6400 redline according to this. Max rev rs6 rs7 i googled to be 6800 . Panamera probably the same. You’d want the most solid S6 gearbox as well to tune it up then

It goes up to almost vmax in the 5th gear. I think gears 4 and up are all very high. Exhaust note does not seem great on the s6, might play in

1 Like

That’s about 15.7s to just over 124mph, pretty quick and that is the Avant which is definitely heavier than are car. I’d say that motor with a good tune in a B8.5 would easily do over 300kph and probably easily get into the 10’s with just a Stg2 tune.

1 Like