Oil Leak(from front)

I have a 2008 Audi S6, it has 96,500 miles. It has had a pretty good life serviced by Audi. I am the second owner. I have had it for 4 months. I got an oil change not even 3k ago and when I got it they didn’t say anything about a leak, then the other day I saw a few drops. So I lifted the car up and saw on the under shield that it was leaking from the front, I posted on another thread and got this response,

“Oil leaks are a very real thing with the 5.2 if the maintenance isn’t up to date.

Generally the two major sources of oil are from the valve covers and then from the oil filter housing O rings. when the O rings leak the oil goes into the motor valley and then come out the drain holes in the front of the block”

Upon further inspection he was right, there was leaking from the front(dropping down). Which kind of shocked me, because they was no oil over the engine bay(luckily) I took off the air filters on either side and there was no leaking on the side or lower back.

Do to the seasonality of my job, I am unfortunately not able to work my self. I took to my Audi dealership and came to the same conclusion that it was the oil filter housing. They are working on it now.

To do the job the tech will have to remove the intake manifold.

Have them do a carbon clean. Or provide pictures on what it looks like. Also not a bad idea to consider cleaned or new injectors while you’re in there.

I would recommend getting JHM intake spacers as well. They help on many levels.

1 Like

Yes to the carbon clean, that’s a good idea thanks. I will do some research on JHM intake spacers, I haven’t come across them yet. But they look good.

Yeah good advice from count vohn.

The nice part is once you have sorted out all of the little mainenance issues on the 5.2 they run really strong. JHM is a good go to. Give them a look. They have lots of proven go fast parts and helpful maintenence.

1 Like