Oil sensor message ?

I got this today.

Sensor gone bad or I’ve been told oil pressure sensor plug is venting oil.

Going to have the sensor replaced when the oil gets changed this week.

I’ll go oil pressure sensor if that doesn’t work.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h411/halo549b/1959309_733453166761800_3655228057990384140_n_zps3d6ff45d.jpg

Is it constantly on or will it turn off when you restart the car. You can check the codes to get more of an idea. It’s worth just checking on its not the panic light so that’s good.

its on 2 second delay with the other message that my number plate bulbs are out.
Autoscan gets this.

Address 17: Instruments Labels: 8E0-920-9xx-8E2.lbl
Part No: 8E0 920 950 L
Component: KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. RB4 D35
Coding: 03200
Shop #: WSC 19411
VCID: 326F1EFBD4A9
WAULT68E03A147244 AUZ6Z0B0169937

1 Fault Found:
00562 - Sensor for Oil Level/Temperature (G266)
29-00 - Short to Ground

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 8E0-907-279-8E2.lbl
Part No: 8E0 907 279 E
Component: int. Lastmodul USA 0305
Coding: 00013
Shop #: WSC 63351
VCID: 346318E32EBD

1 Fault Found:
01504 - Bulb for License-Plate Light (X)
57-00 - Electric Circuit Failure

Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 8E0-820-043.lbl
Part No: 8E0 820 043 L
Component: A4 Klimaautomat 1016
Coding: 00000
Shop #: WSC 63351
VCID: 2A5F069BFC79

2 Faults Found:
01841 - Potentiometer/Actuator for Temperature Flap; Left (G220)
30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
01274 - Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71)
41-00 - Blocked or No Voltage

So, I’ve been looking at some Google searches on this.

Some of the things people say to check are not too bright.
One person said to check for water in the passenger foot well.
Not sure of this one.

Some people said the problem was in the dash cluster and not actual sensor.
That would suck.

Some said they just cleaned the contacts on the cable and it went away.
I am going to try that but I don’t think it will work.
Its free and not to hard to do.

Hey,

I had the same oil light on my b6 a4, and believe it was the same code as well, but cannot find my older logs to confirm. Replacing the sensor ended up doing the trick in my case.

If it comes back after cleaning the contacts and clearing the code, and the wiring to the sensor looks fine, I would just spring for a new sensor. It’s pretty cheap and easy to replace.

I was going to do it when I replace the oil this week.

On my VIN it says there is a split part number meaning there are two different part numbers for the sensor.
I am going to have to figure out which one I need.

More and more of a reason for Audirevolution there is a lot of bad data out there. The code looks like it could be the electronic connection. First test that then check the actual part number so you don’t order the wrong part. I would consider snapping a few pics and loading them up here to try and help others with this in the future.

This!

The same light came on my mother’s A4 3.0 a few weeks ago. Ended up replacing the sensor while doing an oil change and problem solved. Very easy fix.

My problem was not so easy.

It was the damn instrument cluster.

Yes, I said instrument cluster.

Checked all the wiring.
Checked the sensor.
Unplugged the instrument cluster and tested the system.
Problem went away.

Now I have to figure out how to send the instrument cluster out to get it repaired.

Car is my daily and right now I’ll just have to deal with it.

Now that the sensor has been replaced the message in the dash comes on after I have driven about two miles.

Before it came on as soon as I turned the key.

Any thoughts?

Check to see what code comes up after you clear it and before it comes on. I would unplug it from the dash check that code and compare. The fact that something changed with the sensor change would say something. I don’t know why it would be in the cluster. I’f the cluster was bad you wouldn’t get the dash telling you.

[/quote]
Check to see what code comes up after you clear it and before it comes on. I would unplug it from the dash check that code and compare. The fact that something changed with the sensor change would say something. I don’t know why it would be in the cluster. I’f the cluster was bad you wouldn’t get the dash telling you.
[/quote]
I’ll try again but the codes I got were a lot of codes saying the cluster was disconnected.

If you can try pulling the cluster back from the dash and checking the voltage when you do this. The delay is better then the instant messaging. The dash isn’t getting a signal at times but the dash is still reporting this to you that sorta says the dash is somewhat working

Drove the car twice today no message.

Driven the car at least 100 miles no message.

Temperature outside has been colder.
Not sure if that is a factor.
When its hot outside the center has dim and color problems.

From what I understand electricity flows better and more efficient in colder weather.

I was thinking the metal has contracted causing the problem to go away because it has better contact.

When it gets warm again the problem will come back because the connection has decreased?

Wait and see game now.

It’s hard to say electronic stuff is tricky and tracking down issues can he overly frustrating. The good news is that it’s not doing it now. If it is temp related that should help find the issue.