Our 08 S8 In Ice Silver

Where are you located? I am in Farmington Hills and also picked one up before the Christmas

https://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/attachments/audi-jpg.170548/

Live north of clarkston, work in auburn hills.

was that Lake Michigan?

Also, did you buy it from Caliber Automobiles per the plate frame? They’re on Queensway in Toronto. They often have some solid exotics in the window. Used to live not far from there many years ago.

No those pictures near the water are near Kennebunkport in Maine.

Yes we got it from Caliber Auto. Serge was very nice to deal with, I used his hoist to do my own inspection on it before hand and he was very accommodating. Always had something new in there over the few months we kept coming back to look the car over. THe coolest was the triple white Countache he had!

picking up the wheels tonight, this week will be perfect to test them
got temps and conditions down to -2C with snow, heavy rain, then later in
the week will be up to 20 and sunny.
they are…very beefy.
The other tire i was shopping for was Yokohama advan sport a/s.
770 shipped for yokos,
880 shipped for the michelins, but getting a 70$ mail in rebate.
the yokos had a 9" tread width while the michelins measure at 10" read width. a much more square tire.
They look WIDE. sitting 2 of the old wheels ontop of eachother with michelin PSS 265/35/20 beside these new ones, looks like approx 20 mm taller overall. so 10mm wider each tire. Makes sense with 265 vs 275.
2 months ago when i was looking those miechelins were 1100 shipped, tire rack got an awesome deal going on!
45k TW warranty on the michelins, 500 AA A
50k on the yokos with a 450 AA A.

Set of 4 275/35/20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus.
Im hoping they fit fine on the stock 20x9" wheels.

Will post up pics and review of them later on.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/PolishSasquatch/2008%20D3%20S8/647BBB0C-ABC9-4ECD-A36D-EBB74078B814_zpsbka8ryso.jpg

790 shipped is a great price tho imo for michellins and the warranty.

Remind me what stock is? 275 seems a touch wide especially since they are wider then other 275. That said since they are all seasons sometimes they are narrower then summers of the Same brand.

That said I ran Conti dws 275/35/19 on my c6 s6, and sidewalk was a little squishy, which I attributed to a touch too wide and all season rubber. He said the width was closer to the conti summers it replace like hardly any wider of that makes sense. I forgot the Specifics but it was a difference.

Yes, Michelin summers always seem to be wider. I have the the latitude summers on my truck and they are extremely sticky. Have had the PS summers as well on a BMW and Audi and they do really well too!

880 shipped for the michelins, not 690.
810 when i factor in the 70$ rebate.

stock is 265/35/20. the actual tread width on the PSS that i had on before is 9.7, so 0.3" wider actual tread width with these new psas3+

So far the tire place hasnt called me with any concerns so should be ok i hope.
The 265 PSS had a slightly stretched setup, as in they were a little under square. they gripped amazing!
but its either pay 350 a tire for PSS and replace them next year again (we do close to 20k a year), as there is hardly any tires ins a 265/35/20, or get a much more common 275/35/20. was a no brainer witht he tw rating/warrantee and price. Cornering may suffer a touch, well see.

Ended up fitting very nice.
Drove in the rain today, from dounpour to just wet.
these tires are awesome! pushed the car as hard in the corners as i felt comfortable on public roads, they still have a bunch of grip left that i have yet to tap into. tomorrow we will have snow, and on saturday should be 20C, so a good time to put an all season to the test.
and they look gooood

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/PolishSasquatch/2008%20D3%20S8/684930AC-9089-4F54-949A-9898AE47F221_zpsjzmokuzj.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/PolishSasquatch/2008%20D3%20S8/F61F3FC3-FA4D-441D-BAF2-D237AB826C44_zpsppzm3zen.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/PolishSasquatch/2008%20D3%20S8/AB31D1CF-D69A-43D9-9BFF-7688A81877A6_zpsnaokqbr9.jpg

Man I love the d3 s8!!! Very nice choice and glad tire is solid and sidewall seems to be working

ended up adding another Audi to the family, almost exactly a year after purchasing the s8. totally different driving experience but near 30 mpg on the freeway vs the 20 is quite a nice change for long distance driving! this will keep some miles off the s8 (although we did 25k in the year we first got it!)

its a 2013 q7 TDI prestige with tech package.
daytona grey pearl exterior black interior.
Installing a hitch this weekend and it is specd up the way id like it to be.
then just wait for the near $10k checks to roll in from vw/audi for the dieselgate scandal.
Wife still likes her S8 more…dont blame her…i do too!

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.audiworld.com-vbulletin/2000x1504/80-img_6735_563534a9bda4f8dffa11f1f8942b57c405bff723.jpg

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.audiworld.com-vbulletin/2000x1504/80-img_6751_ef4d8ec0d7ead8f977f51e461d686a4961cdc3f6.jpg

well dangit, after picking the Q up, did a few trips in town with the s8 and then she sat for about a week.
Go to turn it on, 0 power at all anywhere. battery is at 6.5V. 8 month old AGM, was coded as well. Taking it in for warranty. put in my old varta for now, will check the voltage in the morning on it.
Started it, idled for 2 mins, turn around to go gt back in…i see smoke billowing from the engine bay.
looks like some massive oil hemmorhage from the back left.
either the small timing cover leak sprung i had before sprung into a massive flood, or the (not OEM) valve cover gaskets i replaced recently have let go.

Either way, not messing around this time. Engine will be coming out. Need to get myself a hydraulic table and build a jig for it, as well as take it to the shop to have them evac the AC system. Ill post pics as I move along. Planing on starting this in approx 3 weeks time.

That sucks sorry to hear.

Everytime I drop a motor I just use a standard solid table. No need for fancy.

Great to hear on the Q7 TDI I just had a worker friend pick one up a few months ago neat car. he just got his tuned and its actually very fun and he gets even better MPG.

If you don’t mind me asking can you mention more on the 10k rebate… If there is more to that I might be trading in the wifes kid carrier for a Q7

eh, not too big a deal. i have been preparing myself mentally over last few months and knew this day was coming haha. Will inspect the guides while in there, do the upper O2 sensors, replace that entire PS return hose that blew off last time etc.

Justin, first the rebate appliues to 2013-2015 gen 2 3.0 vehicles. cayennes, tauregs, q7 etc. most 2013s i searched are approx 8500$ from vw then another 1500 back from Bosch. you have to opt to get it reflashed once the fix is out, so you get half of the vw money soon after registering it, and the other half once the flash is completed. Also you get an awesome extended warranty. I dont recall which one it is, but its either 4 years from date of flash, or 9 years 160k miles from date of service (so first day the vehicle was registered when new). Im certainly hoping for the 9//160 as that would net me 100k miles of warranty and 5 years.
covers complete engine, turbo, exhaust.
Right now they have a bridge warranty as well so anything, ANYTHING wrong with the car currently can get warrantyd while we wait for the fix.

Just have to find a car that the previous owner did not claim for, in which case you only get half of the money.
thankfully, 90% of all q7s i searched for that were for sale at dealers had the full amount available. Seems people either dont know or dont care (probably the former) about the whole money thing.

register and check the vin here of potential vehicles you are interested in.
The higher the initial MSRP the more you get back. so tdi A8s can get far more than 8.5k
https://claims.vwgoa.com

So while the engine is out to repair the timing cover leak, what else should I replace while in there?
Was thinking the upper oxygen sensors. Ill take a look at the chain guides while in there.

I also have the oil weeping into the plug tubes from between the cam carrier to head interface.
That means entire timing drive and cam train would need to come out, then reset the timing.
Any special tools for this?

Thanks