P0480 Radiator fan keeps running

I just finished the JHM supercharger install. The driver side radiator fan runs continuously while the car is running then 10 more minutes after the car is shut off. VCDS showed P0480 code. Checked the harnesses from the radiator to the JHM harness extensions. All seems good. Coolant level is appropriate. Has anyone had experience with this issue?

Trust me. you want that as it is working as intended helping cool the engine after the car is off.

The only downside is it may drain your battery sooner, but I’m still on my original stock battery from '08 (4 years supercharged now)

It will come on with a cold motor in acc mode. It’s not normal operation for the fan to be on as long as the car is powered. It’s intended to come on at certain coolant temps, cycle as necessary and then up to 10 mins after shut down. Unless this was intended/programmed in the JHM tune.

There is your answer, but I’m sure Jake can confirm it. I have the APR setup tuned by JHM which runs just like you described it in your first post

On my e60 m5 and previous c6 Audi s6 that fan was always running. It’s working lol, if you dont hear it working then I’d be worried :slight_smile:

Check your wires and if you can post what the P code is for and if you have a vag com get us the freeze frame data. I know JHM turns on the fans at low speeds to keep the motor temps and over all temps under control but with the car off after the car has sat all night in acc mode that might be an indication of some electronic bug. Again if you can let us know what the P code is for that might help.

I’ve checked the wiring and the harness extensions. Seem good. Looked for a fan relay but couldn’t find any info regarding one. Checked the relays in the ECU box. all look good. Figured if it was a short it would stay on no matter if the car was on or off anyway. The fan comes on and goes to full blast and stays there. The car won’t get up to normal op temp per the gauge in this cooler weather b/c of this. Not sure if this will hinder performance i.e. if it doesn’t use the right timing and fuel maps.

Address 01: Engine (J623-CAUB) Labels: None
Part No SW: 8T0 907 560 UM HW: 8T0 907 560
Component: V.6 JHM H10 0003
Revision: 76H10—
Coding: 01140009180F0120
Shop #: WSC 03325 444 64762
VCID: 1933FC161097928A2E-804C

1 Fault Found:
001152 - Coolant Fan Control Circuit 1
P0480 - 004 - Electrical Malfunction
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 163378 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2017.04.13
Time: 12:43:08

Freeze Frame:
                RPM: 185 /min
                Load: 100.0 %
                Speed: 0.0 km/h
                Temperature: 61.0°C
                Temperature: 34.0°C
                Absolute Pres.: 990.0 mbar
                Voltage: 10.287 V

Just as an FYI and for future reference, I have confirmed this is NOT normal operation and NOT programmed into the JHM tune.

makes sesne that this wouldnt be that agressive of fan use from the JHM tune. the code really makes sense now that you know whats going on