P1573 code help

I ran a scan and got P1573 error (the only error found during the scan).

I don’t have any obvious engine mount related issues that i can tell, i wanted to check the connection first, but don’t know where to look. Anyone have a picture, or diagram that shows the connection?

I do have SAI delete, but this issue did not follow that, delete was done a few months back, this issue has been going on for a few weeks.

The only issue I have been having is in the morning on cold startup, car runs fine in park, until I put in any gear, then it runs very rough for about 1/2 mile but no cel. Then car seems fine. What i have done is to put in gear, put in park, wait about 30 seconds, and it clears out and i can drive normally. I wouldn’t think these are related, but i’ve been around cars too long to think it’s impossible.

Address 11: Engine II Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No SW: 4F1 910 562 A HW: 4F1 907 552 B
Component: 5.2L JHM/V3 9XSI ª0010
Revision: 5HH02— Serial number:
Coding: 01050009190F0160
Shop #: WSC 41966 000 1048576
VCID: 234597C8E2ACAD5EB7-8076

1 Fault Found:
005491 - Left Engine Mount Solenoid Valve (N144)
P1573 - 004 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 12
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 187140 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2017.07.14
Time: 08:17:35

Freeze Frame:
                RPM: 629 /min
                Load: 23.9 %
                Speed: 4.0 km/h
                Temperature: 87.0°C
                Temperature: 22.0°C
                Absolute Pres.: 990.0 mbar
                Voltage: 14.097 V

Well the circuit in the motor mount is bad. The motor mount itself is probably just fine. You would have to inspect the motor mount to see and know more.

You should be able to visually look at the mount and get a good idea.

The rough running might be from the motor mount if its supposed to be active but I don’t believe they are. Sounds like the car is just going through the cat warm up phase where it can run a little on the rough side.

My motor mounts were toast after 100k miles. I don’t remember ever getting a code from it though.

Anyways, based on your mileage, it’s entirely possible that the mounts are obliterated.

Appreciate the responses, I’ll take a good look at it when I get a chance. I took a look this morning after putting in reverse and then back in park- it was still running rough for about a minute. The engine looked restrained, not moving around much at all. I’m hoping it’s just the connection that is bad. Super smooth at highway speeds, so no problem there. Hard launches don’t seem to show any signs of bad mount, but I may have to do some more testing on that to be sure. ;D

I ended up having my motor mounts replaced when the engine was dropped for repealing shortly after I got the car. Seems like that may be the best solution but hopefully there’s another cheaper option

Mounts are hard to damage and you won’t always see if they are bad until you take them off. If the motor looks like its no moving around. A good test is have someone in the car put the car in R and have them brake TQ the car that is when you would see the motor under load.

Resurrecting this post…

My car threw this fault code yesterday. @justincredible how much of a PITA is this to DIY? I have Prodemand automotivie repair, and the only procedure to remove the mounts they have documented is for an ENTIRE engine removal. Cheers!

Several things on the S6 5.2 are motor out operations. Everything from the starter to some of the 02 sensors. Motor mounts are very hard to get to. It’s kinda hard to say that it’s a full motor out option.

I’ve never had to change the mounts on the S6 but from the pictures I have from work ive done. It looks like your probably still able to get to the mounts but for all the hassle fighting for space. It might just be a bit easier to lower the motor

This weekend im going to:

• Check the N144 fuse for continuity, & voltage
  • Inspect connection to the mount & voltage
  • Fire the solenoid output from VCDS to hear the solenoid “click”
  • Visually inspect the mount for the infamous oozing of hydraulic fluid.
  • Blood sacrifice to the Audi gods…
  • Figure out how to install the windows XP virtual machine on my laptop to install the bentley software.

Updates to follow.

I use Oracle VirtualBox for VMs on my home computer. It’s free and easy to use. XP could probably be had on the torrent sites if you don’t have physical media. Once the VM is up I don’t recall having any issues with licensing the Bentley software or anything it just worked.

Does anyone know how to fire the solenoid valve in VCDS? I got as far as opening “Engine II” and thats it. Sorry for the noob question, but i cannot find a clear answer anywhere on the web for this.

Inspected the mount, and saw slight residue of something. It did not look fresh… is the dead giveaway of failure?

On a side note, i unplugged the connector to the engine mount, and found that it read 1.7 v when the key was on auxillary (meeter was at DC 200). Does this indicate an issue? I cracked open the right angle plastic guard to the connector and saw no issues of corrosion or wear.

Thanks for any help, before I drop another $1000 on mounts. Is there any high performance options to upgrade to for this platform? The part number 4F0199379BM for the left mount.

You can see i had the same issue 3 years ago, i replaced both sides. Shop did the work without removing the motor, not sure exactly how they got it done though. Also, purchased mine here: https://www.europaparts.com/motor-mount-4f0199379bm.html . OEM, and they had the best price at the time, still looks like decent pricing now. Ran much smoother after replacement.

Thanks @rocman, I see FCP has a sale right now, plus the lifetime warranty would be nice to use if need be. I’ve been battling vibration issues after replacing all the control arms, and this may be it.

@CountVohn do you know how to fire the engine mount solenoid valves in VCDS? Thanks!

Everytime I have seen the fluid leak out of the mount they have been dead. That is part of the function of the mount. Can you post the full Vag code pull data that your getting.

You can do the mounts without pulling the motor it’s not too bad if you have a lift.