P1923 2008 audi s6

About to drive home 2400 miles and I am curious if anyone has had experience with this fault. Car was running fine, then the battery died a few times on short trips. Then weird misfiring would begine either on heavy throttle or when coming to a stop. Since the intake is fabricated I assumed at 4600 rpm when the flaps were supposed to change over it is adjusting fuel and spark. Got tired of guessing at it. Started not completing I/M monitors, never did that before. So I take it to the dealership and ask them to diagnose it. 4 days later they want to do compression and leak down tests for 660. I refused and drove to the dealership had them put a new battery in code it and bought spark plugs. When I read the invoice it literally has the dtc memory ecu 2 code which i couldnt see on the garbage scanner and random misfire codes. After looking up the code there are audi tsb for this exact thing which says to update the ecu firmwares to remedy this… as far as I can tell the dealer didn’t even clear the fucking code from the ecu.

Screenshot_20240415_111853

Car didn’t misfire or do any of this before disassembly or after assembly until the battery died on short trips months later…

Very interesting… #6

Someone probably dropped the spark plug into the well and didn’t check if it was not damaged, just screwed it in and voila. I have dropped one of my spark plugs one, but i pulled it out immidiately to check if i didn’t damage it, and well, I did.

1 Like