PCV pipes crumble

So it seems with these cars getting on age, every piece of plastic breaks. Did my carbon clean and when removing the pcv pipe, they crumbled.
For anyone else whose pipe will crumble eventually, I decided to make my own. The original connectors can be reused.

Nice upgrade. Looks cleaner than the ventilator tubes VAG uses too.

Nicely finished. Your PCV valves are still good if you didn’t notice any oil in the intake. in the other case, it is worth changing them out as you will save on fuel costs. Without more data on the lifetime of them I am for blocking them off. Somewhere between 5-10 years, with undoing them for carbon clean. I believe they are less likely to break when taken off with the engine warm. the other hoses come off a lot easier too. Also given the potential engine issues, it at least feels better making sure the oil level is always exactly right.

probably good I should say. Not sure what type of valve is in JH motorsports’ kit and what is preferred for PCV valves but nothing generally better with solutions out of german manufacturers.

euro exhaust management protectionism, money grabbing maybe. toyota doesn’t seem to use diaphragms and their valve, I found,costs 1/15th of this audi one.

Yeah not much oil in there. But I do oil changes every 2000km. I don’t drive it everyday. Takes about a year to do 2000km