Performance logging with VCDS

Guys, looking for insight on what you think the most important parameters are for logging with the VCDS when making acceleration runs on a naturally aspirated car. I’d be looking for anomalies as well as areas for more potential where the ECU may be throttling things back due to running into an adaptation situation (too much torque for instance). There are so many choices and I can only log eight at a time, grouped together in “turbo” mode.

There are some obvious ones like IAT, EGT temps, 02 wideband feedback, rpm, etc…but there are load value menus, engine torque, all kinds of things. Car has no issues and I’m not modded enough to care about fuel parameters.

And then I’d like to have a better understanding of the S-Tronic functions and what to monitor to spot potential weak spots performance wise or where the TCU might be intervening and not allowing full power during a run or when I abruptly transition to WOT or when the hydraulics aren’t clamping down on the clutch quickly enough (and why).

I just want to have a better understanding of which parameters to log and why. There are a metric ton of choices.

Also, is there any way to log TCU and ECU at the same time? Doesn’t appear I can log some engine parameters and some transmission parameters at the same time.

Lastly, is there a better logging option than VCDS? I’m using MegaLog viewer to analyze. It’s cheap and can graph things easily without having to deal with Excel.

Thanks in advance!