Pretty interesting TTRS build. Roadster + Coupe buddies in Europe.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/audi/275027-tt-rs-project-750hp.html

So far the guy has bought and ditched milltek exhaust (for a titanium one from ‘scorpion’), bought and ditched REVO tune (for APR stage 2), bought and ditched some kind of intake element…and his buddy has bought and ditched forge intercooling (for something massive that required an engine pull)

Guess he’ll try GIAC soon lol. Cool to watch though.

Pretty crazy build. Kinda surprising he’s jumping right to built motor. Didn’t APR do some crazy numbers with just a turbo swap+injectors and stock everything else?

Also, wow do the welds on that exhaust look impressive. I don’t know enough to say if they’re as good as they look, but I’ve always heard titanium is very difficult to weld with, and they made looks pretty impressive from the pics.

You can’t just bend titanium???

you can, but Ti isnt as ductile when cold and needs a more generous bend radius. It also likes to spring back

you have to heat ti to bend it, if bent cold you are extremely likely to crack it and you can only bend to very minimal angles.

pie cutting to form the bends is the standard practice as CNC mandrel benders with heat elements that go to over 900c are sorta rare.

def an issue and why you dont see bends often even more so, because fitting the damn mandrel bender into a purge chamber is also hard… lol

honestly i am not sure how scorpion even made that first part of the DP, if it were me I would have built that in 1/4s. something tells me they are doing so sort of low heat pressure forming but who knows.

i weld all my ti in a small home made chamber and honestly i hope the ti systems keep getting more popular, because a single 3 inch pie cut bend has more seat time than an entire SS system and my ti/inconel rate is $145 an hour.

^^^really? That much of a pain in the ass?

Didn’t know that.

yup, to do it right isnt as simple as firing up the tig and laying down a bead