R8 1/4 mile times

that’s exciting. Get lots of video.

I guess your competition is that TTS twin supercharger kit in the UK (which we haven’t seen anything from yet) and the MRC turbocharged setup which went mid 11s at 130.

Door is wide open. Kick it down!

I don’t think know they will. No need for such theatrics as they should set a new record on pump gas and street tires for the 4.2 R8. The APR rs4 didn’t quite catch the JHM RS4 time, thus had to do something to differentiate, especially considering the planned 60% price premium. My theory of course. Who knows. I do know that Apr was aware of JHM’s 11.12@125 time.

I asked about the RS4 time while I was at the track. The plan, regardless of anyone elses time, was to run with slicks and pulled interior (otherwise we wouldn’t have brought them). Eric wanted to set a mid 10, and I knew it would be awesome to see and hear, and it was.

For the R8, we’ll run it as it is (stock other than charger) on 93, 100 and maybe 104 on street tires and OEM wheels all for consumer relevance. The car is literally 100% stock other than the charger. Even the exhaust is untouched. Tires will likely be Michelin PSS.

I don’t think we’ll go for any weight reduction, unless it makes the difference between setting some real interesting time or not. That will be a call we’ll make while we’re at the track.

As long as you run the car in street trim, that’s great. Just to clarify, the flak you received for the slicks etc. was not because it ‘didn’t count’ or ‘wasn’t fair’…the flak came when your engineer was flapping his gums, trash talking, and saying that he was the fastest.

1. in the only setup you ran that the other shops have all run, APR was 2nd fastest

2. in the race gas and then race + stripped + slicks + no exhaust setup you ran, you set a fast time, but as the other companies have shown its not one they were bothering with, so it’s weird to talk shit, isn’t it?

Reality? JHM has run their car with race gas, and I think your tuner’s head would spin if he saw the time, and compared it to the APR race + slicks + stripped + no exhaust time. The best part? JHM ran their standard 93 octane file to do so, with the full interior and exhaust. They just filled the car with 110 and tried it out.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing a 4.2 kick the shit out of all of the records. You guys have a great shot to run a 10 on pump gas.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/kdub423/IMG_2354.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f78/Ben_Lude/Gimli/4bb316d4.jpg

I will be surprised if it isn’t well into the 10s. Smart move getting into the R8 s/c market right now. It’s the happy medium between basic boltons and going full retard twin turbo

Good luck, here’s an idea, get it to Montgomery right now buddy, -2000 DA