R8: V8 vs v10 and r-tronic questions

Which one is better, v8 or v10? I almost think I like the sound of the v8 better. and with a supercharger and exhaust it would be faster than the v10, and still come in at a much lower price… I think. Thoughts?

A more technical questions as well: Did the issues with the r-tronic ever get somewhat sorted out before they switched to s-tronic? From what I’ve read it seemed to be mostly how the transmission was programmed.

I think JHM tuned an r8 or two… would be nice to have more info.

R tronic was an automated single clutch gearbox. S-tronic is a dual clutch gearbox. So they’re different.

The v10 is better. Many of the options you would get on the v8 were included on the v10 so by the time you optioned up a v8 you were only about $15,000 away from the v10

Resale etc would nearly take care of that down the road when you sell it so it was a no brainer.

Now the v10 plus is another big jump so that’s a new discussion.

Transmission wise the old manual was pretty awesome with the gated shifter. Rtronic was not very good and was crazy expensive to option up as well as repair prone.

New cars get DSG which is a light year better than Rtronic.

If I were getting one I would try for a plus with dsg or a manual v8. For what it looks like the v8 is really slow. I mean it’s the same engine that’s in my rs4 and I have my hands full with bone stock $47,000 b8 s4s, so it’s a bit underpowered. Still its a super fun, super cool car. The upgrade paths becoming available will have you equalling a v10 plus.

Note-the v10 plus has been tested at 11.3-11.5 @ 123-125 mph. It’s very for real.

The V10 R8 is so much better than the V8 R8. I would get the Stronic for a newer R8 or a manual for an older R8.

They are selling for about the same (with the V10s commanding a little more) second hand right now and it is hard to find one under the $100K floor of the market. There was a 2008 manual V8 R8 with high 70K miles that sold for $80K locally but that is an oddity.

V10 all the way. The V8 is underpowered for what the car is. It’s enough but it’s the level of power you get numb to quickly. A low 11 car is a fast car.

Pretty sure some of the older Gallardo’s fall in the same ballpark price as a v10 R8. Not necessarily a better car, but definitely a bit more exclusive. Plus, you don’t have to stare at that ugly pig face front end that the R8 has. Yeah, I said it. Pig. Face.

HOW DARE YOU!

Lol to each his own I guess. R8 has been my favorite since it came out.

Gallardo is awesome, timeless car. 2004 model still looks like a brand new car. I like the r8 more because it works as a car you can drive on more than weekends.

I’ve always thought a manual r8 v8 with a twin turbo kit would be the ultimate daily car.

I really didn’t like the R8’s at first (basically the only person who said that) but they’ve really grown on me now. It’s pretty absurd how well even the old ones have kept their value, especially with how relatively underpowered they are.

LOL? ???

Yeah, still sticking with that one. It’s a pig face. Everything else is good. The R8 is like John Force’s daughter.

This is how i see the R8

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h3e1il-OMZY/URPD0qVhuUI/AAAAAAABG6w/8nzMCalt5PM/s1600/Candice+Swanepoel+for+VS+Swim+February+2013-005.jpg

personally it always reminded me of this

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/alien_from_the_movie.png

This is how I see the R8. The hottest girl ever.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PxK8VzjHuA4/UG3IharBtfI/AAAAAAAAJTI/RkBsdCkRc7c/s1600/Arianny%20Celeste%202.jpg

I don;t think it’s beautiful. I think it’s cool and futuristic. Almost like a male supercar rather than a female.