Rear badge swap

I ordered the TAG Motorsports rear blackout emblems and finally got around to doing the swap today. I also did a paint correction while I had the badges off. Looks way better.

Looks good, but those replacement parts are pricey! I have a Suzuka Grey with the black optics pack and was considering this swap to the black badges as the silver/alu does look a little out of place with the black pack. Did you do the front rings also? How involved was the work to swap them over?

Super easy. I got a metal handed “flosser” off of eBay and a rubber wheel for my drill. Heat up emblem with hair dryer. Put string behind emblem and work back and forth until it cuts through adhesive(I went through 3 strings). Use the rubber wheel on low speed until no more adhesive remains. Make sure not to overheat the paint! Move around.
I have a DA polisher so I went ahead and corrected the paint behind before putting the new emblems on.
The front grill is black so I left the chrome emblems.
Yes pricey, but the eBay ones were way too big and super cheap. There was no way I was putting them on.

Here is the de-badged pic. Looks too plain for my taste.

Thanks for the info and yes agree that debadged is too plain, especially on the lighter paint colours. Didn’t realise they were glued, that does make it a little easier. What adhesive did you use to reapply the new ones?

They come with a double sticky from the factory. Just peel and stick. Mine came from TAG stuck to a waxed card stock. They peeled and separated everything so they could be painted. I had to re-align the rs 5 ones on said card stock, and then I painters taped over the face of them and then applied them to the car.