Resonator delete

Hey guys I have an audi s6 2007 I was considering doing an resonator delete. How would I go about doing that I’m assuming I’ll have to cut it out?

Typically the easiest way is simply cut on both sides, place a straight pipe and clamp it on.

However, I do believe the original exhaust has bends too close to the resonators to allow u to do it this way, which means you are gonna need to weld the pipe back on. So 2 cuts + 2 circumferent welds for each resonator u wanna remove. Potentially have to refit the exhaust hangers if u are taking the 2 center resonators.

1 Like

Yes you have to weld it. Done on mine, x-pipe + 4 resonators delete.

Okay thank you guys

For me deleting all resonators sounds like junk. 2 is fine either one( 2 front ,2 back). But if you remove all 4 , and keep the stock muffler it will sounds like a fart can. Very metallic, raspy . I removed the back 2 and it’s pretty cool . But I think deleting whe front 2 and the rear mufflers and it created an earth shattering godly v10 with deep bass and nice high pitch that v10 beings. Even just removing mufflers and keeping all resonators will sound much better than full resonator delete

1 Like