REVOLUTIONARY RESULTS - Dragstrip database update notification thread

Spec is TTS Rotrex supercharger, Milltek exhaust, de cat. KW Suspension. Full interior, stock wheels, manual gearbox, stock clutch with JHM plate. (98 ron) Pump gas.

Good stuff HP. That will be the fastest S5 even though you are still not happy with it due to the clutch. The stock S5 clutch must suck…I hear lots of complaints.

Any thoughts on why the mph is so much lower on the S5 than the RS4 runs set by Danny’s car?

Hi Saki. Several contributions. 1. Only my second run with a decent gear change. My first run was a 12.25 at 116, so to improve on just my second run to 11.84/119.6 was good in itself. 2. my car makes less bhp than an RS4 and has taller gearing per rev. 3. Strong head wind, 4. hotter day, 22 deg C. 5. Still had my packed lunch on the passenger seat :slight_smile: . The fact I have gone faster and quicker than anyone else with an S5 in far from perfect conditions is still very pleasing. I don’t have light wheels, I had full interior etc etc. This is the performance any one with a TTS kit could equal or better.

Congrats on the super fast HP sauce powered time - amazing! Any videos?

Cool thanks for the update

Post up the timeslips and I will add you to the database…and then i will email Keith at Apr lol

Spat out my coffee to that lol. Why don’t the APR guys hang out here? They like a good argument (AZ, VWVortex) and have some fast VW/Audi stuff (K04 GTI’s, B8 S4) and aren’t afraid to head to the strip…

No protection. This is a scary place for venders lol. They have all joined (Apr, giac, amd, epl etc) but I don’t think they will post.

To be honest they are just busy guys. Their time is best spent on the big forums where they are paying good money to have a presence. Same with JHM…they almost never post here although CV does.

P.S. is it just me or is it hilarious that ‘giac’ is auto corrected to ‘hoax’ on Android?

Don’t go telling them. I will have to find a better clutch and I want to enjoy the car for a while :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMCrnskvNow&feature=youtube_gdata

Good running, HP

Nice time!!

Sixty foot is fast as fuck (1.6 & 1.71?)

What are you doing to achieve that (well…besides having a supercharged v8 s5 making more power and torque than an r8 5.2 lol)

What is your launch technique? Maybe the clutch is knackered because of rpms being up high?

I bring the revs up to about 4k and rapidly slip the clutch home and I floor the throttle. The 3rd run I tried about 5k and it was straight into peak torque and it couldn’t hold it. If I was to take racing the car seriously I think we would have to develop a twin plate. The clutch is still fine for daily driving, rapid traffic light gp’s etc.

did I miss the timeslips? Thought I was looking at them. Maybe they’re in the video? Trying to add the time to the database

They’re at the end of the video.

niceone, thanks

11.84 @ 119.82 with a 1.71 sixty foot time

interesting to compare the two results…

APR - TTS
1.71 - 1.71
11.92 - 11.84
116.92 - 119.82

The TTS shoudl push out a 11.6X @ 121 MPH on a dense cold day. Would be cool because then they’d have the fastest B8 time back (from the B8 S4 primetime car 11.7)

Could you add the existing b6 3.0 times?

for sure dude. Where are they?

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/464570-My-A4-3-0-V6-6-speed-DYNO-amp-progress-thread?p=7372733#post7372733

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/248843-Stock-A4-3-0-1-4-Mile-Times

That’s smitty2a4’s time for his stock 3.0 6speed. Don’t know how I missed that timeslip before :o

Then there’s skeeball:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-A4-Timeslip-10733.html

There’s a lot more times floating around but idk where the timeslips are.

the timeslips are important. Anyone can type anything on dragtimes.

rules are shown in the first post of this thread, regarding what does or doesn’t qualify for this list.

Those 3 have timeslips… I think zingo’s timeslips are on here as well somewhere.

LOL I read the left side of smitty’s slip assuming that was his. Despite the 15.3 being underlined. It’s Friiiiiday.