Revolv0’s Salvage Rescue S6

1 Like

1 Like

Heads and cylinder walls were undamaged… unbelievable.

Holy sh!t, wow!

What’s the theory re: failure?

Bonkers about the cylinder heads - does that not make you yearn, a least a little bit, to have rebuilt this? Also was there nothing more evident after the teardown to indicate what may have happened? I will have nightmares about that crank photo.

Damn that’s scary

I love this car… it’s sitting my my drive way, with the front end stripped off, and an empty engine bay. I miss each of the 90 or so miles a day I drove it to work. I drove her hard but kept up with maintenance.

She put me through some BS I don’t think I want to deal with again. I’m also underwater on the load and don’t have the funds to do a full engine rebuild.

1 Like

I’ll say a prayer for you… Godspeed

The title of this thread should be changed to Revolv0’s Salvaged S6.

Parting a car is work. Dealing with people online, flakes, good customers, cool people, it’s been a mix.

Sold the exhaust, hope the new owner loves it as much as I did. Great guy, who was in horror of my story.

To touch on the parting portion more. As of 9/17 my loan was nearly at $10k, being knocked down to under 8 as of this week. There is a long road ahead, to get the title in hand and get the car off my property.

This mechanical organ donation does make me feel good, knowing these parts will be going on some of the nicest S6’s our there. Helping to get someone’s car to that point, when it may need some TLC is nice as well. Used parts and DIY keep a significant portion of these V10’s on the road.

For those of you who have never wrenched on or stripped an interior on this or any car. It is VERY well built, with very good fitment and quality on most things. I F$%@ed up the center vents because I didn’t have the tools or patience to release the 4 clips.

Would I have done it all over again? Yes. Would I buy a “nice” one with the mods & maintenance I put mine through? Yes. If a built C6.5 S6 with an RS6 bumper and brakes, in green with a 6 speed swap , tune & headers presented itself, would I buy it? Yes. Will I realistically buy this car again in this lifetime? No.

What would have happen to the car if I never bought it? Would it have gotten to this point regardless? Would it have been parted two years ago? Did I give this car a good two years? I enjoyed the car to its maximum almost every day.

Does $4.40 gas help me sober up to the economics of the ownership? You bet your ass it does.

It’s a love story and a tragedy all in one… Completely understandable.

Yea completly understandable. $5 for 91tane here in Nevadafornia. For me when I first saw an 07 s6 I was only 20 and was immediately sold that I must own this v10 awd sedan no matter what it costs me, one day. My audi disease is super strong so I’m proud of you for getting out man. If I were maybe you can import an rs6 v10tt I think may be worth the pain again :wink: thx for the parts man

I am sorry to hear about your car! That is a heart wrenching experience and an epic crank failure.
I have heard of a few owners up here in Canada with a broken crank.
At least the parts are being used for other cars.

I wish for US gas prices. Just paid 8.34$/gallon.
🥲

My gosh that’s painful…. I hope you don’t have to drive a lot?

Kim, I guess you and me both only drive the good stuff (EU 100 octane V-Power) :wink: last time in Germany I paid 8.64/gallon… with a smile though :smiling_imp: as the new government didn’t expect to change speed “limits” after all :innocent:

Not anymore :sweat_smile:

I switched to OK 100 :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

I need to go down there at spring time to see if I can push beyond 300kph before they remove the free speed limits 🥲

And so it ends…

The car was picked up by the city fire company, to be used for Fire Fighter training. I’m so happy it’s gone.

I scrambled to take the sport seats out. The driver side filled with water completely, and I couldn’t use them. Got the steering wheel out as a momento.

Its paint still looked great in its deformed state.

Fire company used the car for training last night.

1 Like

Oh wow!!