RS2/B5 RS4 who's importing one?

I know for us lucky Canadians we have some pretty decent import laws, and only having to wait 15 years, instead of the 20? 25? In the states.

Soooooo with that being said is anyone considering bringing one over? I’ve had my eye out looking for a RS2, or a B5 RS4, for quite some time now, i know the RS2 is legal right now and i believe the RS4, is still one or 2 years away, but i just can’t express how bad I want an RS avant…

Also want to extended my services to anyone out there, as I am a longshoreman I get pretty decent deals with renting shipping containers for large shipment orders, if anyone is interested shoot me a PM and we can talk!

Didn’t the Rs4 launch in 2000 or 2001? i.e. you can’t import them till 2015?

They’re still worth a good buck over there. Probably like $29-30,000 when all is said and done to get it over here.

You sure we only have to wait 15 years? I imported a car from Atlanta in 2008, and back then I reccall a 15 year rule making everything admissable, but that was only for US vehicles.

Yep 15 years or older and anything is fair game. In the Japanese motor world, the next big import will prob be the R34 GTR Skyline, 1999. http://f.redflagdeals.com/showthread.php?t=1371092&highlight=r34

The 15y rule is also how that rs2 made it here. It was fs for a while on vwvortex.

I see those old right hand drive skylines driving around once in a while. Don’t get it.

I guess everyone has their “thing”. In the UK, I lived next to a Skyline R34. Initially he said he had always wanted to own one. After a year of ownership, he put it up for sale for £1800, which was as much as it cost him to insure for a year. The reality did not match the dream.

Maybe it’s also about owning something hard to get. I have a work colleague who’s obsessed with getting a diesel Land Rover Defender over.

lol

I wouldn’t mind having an R34. That RB26 is a sweet engine.

Very sweet. A few local guys have r32s and r33 gtrs… the ones that arent ratbagged and riced out are really nice. One of the guys swapped an r34 rb26 into his r32 and did a big single turbo. Vurrrry fast.

I didn’t know that’s how this worked. Cool to know…still for all the money to buy import and register one of thkse cars you could just buy a way nicer car…

Ozcarmyer real cool offer… out of courousity how much would a contaimer amd shipping be…

I wouldn’t mind having an R32 or R33 either! The look on all of those jealous JDM kids faces as I roll by would be priceless.

Get a wide body rs4 instead.

Haha! Yes it would!

quote author=ChrisK link=topic=1955.msg51173#msg51173 date=1376599691]
I didn’t know that’s how this worked. Cool to know…still for all the money to buy import and register one of thkse cars you could just buy a way nicer car…

Ozcarmyer real cool offer… out of courousity how much would a contaimer amd shipping be…
[/quote]
Depending on sizing of the container as little as 1500 all the way to 4500+ they can actually get very cheap, say if a certain company in the UK doesn’t fulfill there order in time, and misses there shipping spot, they need to fill that spot so you can get the container on for even cheaper, although this doesn’t happen often. Almost like what standby is for pilots, stewardess etc…

Haha dude they are everywhere up here! Literally see them on every street almost now, I actually just recently drove a r32 gts-t all the way down to Texas, i believe he still owns it as well, was using it as a drift car the last I talked to him, but some of the looks we got driving that thing was hilarious!

You are correct! I do like to plan ahead, plus like you said still a little pricey, so if I do finally go through with it, I want to make sure i can get a car as clean as possible for its age.
Took me along time to find the B7, definitely don’t mind waiting for the right B5.