RS4 B5 JHM RS6-RS

Good morning gents,

writing this on behalf of a good friend of mine who owns a RS4 B5 avant and he wants to upgrade his turbochargers. We are positively biased towards JHM RS6-RS turbos so my questions if you know are:

1. does he need upgraded injectors?
  2. What is the normal operational pressure and what are the overboost levels?
  3. is there a separate tune from JHM on these turbos?
  4. any other adjustments that need to be made to install them safely on the RS4?

thank you!

just saw that i added this post in the wrong category (power of habit)…kindly please transfer it to the b5 RS4 section

The RS6 turbos are very impressive and since he already has a RS4 its a good bump over the ko4 RS4 units on the car already.

All this is best that I understand

1 injectors yes. The rs6 turbos will be making and able to make more than the standard ko4s. those injectors will run out of fuel so yes you will need to upgrade

2 From what I have seen 23lbs to 28lbs some go to 30 but most with great performance figures seem to be in the 25 range

3 you can try to use them on the standard software but you would want to contact JHM for more information

4 from what I remember OEM ko4 turbos bolt up to the S4s you might just need to clock the compressor housing.

I was never a big B5 guy so some of that might need to be checked with JHM but over all I would say that’s a great turbo selection.