RS4 Hail Damage.

Well, Monday evening we got hit by a pretty extreme hail storm. Unfortunately the RS4 was parked outside and was hit fairly bad. The hood alone has 50+ dents. The dents range from dime size all the way up to a quarter. Every single panel on the car has dents.

I’m having trouble uploading an image to the website, so here is a link.

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B0yQvTxhcHpYOUJCeHczTFZyazZBVHhSYTNIUGs1TmVJTVZr

What do you guys think? Is this end of the road for this RS4? :frowning:

Its a hard call. depends on where your heart is at. You can see what the ins company says and then see what the buyback is on the car.

The hood and trunk are not hard to replace or to even upgrade.

Given the fact that you have what looks like a nissan 240sx you enjoy cars. Don’t know that a few dents that can be fixed over time would be enough to have me pass.

Just depends on where your heart is at. If you don’t love the car then there are lots of new cars that are faster and offer more depending on what you like in a car.

IF it was me. I’d keep it and yes put the JHM blower on it.

Update.

So the car is not totaled. There is about 6 grand worth of damage on the car. So I’ll repair the dents and collect the money to put towards a blower.

The unfortunate part is the adjuster listed my hood as Part # 8E0823029D, which if you guys know your parts that is the steel hood found on A4s. The hood for the RS4 is 8E0823029E which is the aluminum. The insurance company (USAA)is being whiny and not wanting to put the proper hood on my car.

I’ll post more as I work through all of this.

That’s crazy they should be putting the parts back on the car that the car came with. It will be interesting to hear how this plays out.

So here is an update. After about a 1 1/2 mounts of convincing USAA that the hood on my car is aluminum they finally agreed to do another estimate. I then took my car back to the collision place and they told me they could not do it, so I gave USAA a call and filled them in. USAA then called the collision place and convinced them to re evaluate. So at this point, the quote should be updated and I should be able to get the correct parts. It has been a pain, but USAA has been good over all. I think it is just the case of the RS4 and not many people knowing enough about them. To most people it is just another A4.

Well I think that’s a good end to that part of the issue. Its also good to know the Ins company stepped up and did the right thing.