RS5 Brakes

Hi everyone. I purchased a 2011 RS5 about 12 months ago. I love the car it is very impressive. At the time the car had 7,000kms on it. I have just had the 12 month service completed with 14,000kms now on the clock. The Audi service centre are telling me I’m up for $3,300 for new brake discs and pads! Now I don’t know whether the previous owner did any track work and maybe he did but the car was extremely clean and like new so have my doubts that much was done. I haven’t put the car on the track myself and with the odd exception drive the car pretty sedately. Is this what other owners are experiencing brake wear wise? The dealers advised me that there are after market brakes but they don’t recommend them and to stick with genuine Audi (what else would they say!). They also say the discs and pads are very soft for high braking performance and that discs and pads normally are replaced together. My question is do I stick with the Audi originals (which would appear to wear out exceedingly quickly) or do I consider a high performance after market option? Any experiences/suggestions greatly appreciated.