RS5 JHM Stage 2 launch and canyon run teaser video

Just a little teaser video of launching the RS5 with JHM’s stage 2 tune and exhaust along with a brief snippet of a run through the canyons of Mexico. So much fun.

Great video.

;D Just the start. Sent you a link via email too.

Wow. 6k rpm launch! :o How long can the clutch handle that!?

But it grabbed hard at 6k! Basically stage 2 RS5 is about the same as stage 3 S5…I wonder if stage 3 RS5 will break into the 10s on pump!?

I don’t think it’ll break into the 10’s naturally aspirated. Headers with no cats and E85 would give another big bump (guess that would be stage 3?). With a supercharger, I could easily see it being in the 10’s given the RS4’s were in the 10’s.

Wow that looked so smooth but yet very fast and consistant.

I think the RS5 launches stock at like 5400 rpm so its already a solid RPM. From what I have seen with the 4.2 JHM launch assist program they do 6000rpm that seems to be the hot rpm. You can tell with the JHM programs ECU and TCU that the car doesn’t fall on its face as it does stock.

I think the RS5 is already into the 11s on all motor just JHM supported mods.

I think if JHM puts the vortech on the RS5 I think 10s are kinda a given.

Here’s another Stage 2 RS5 with the JHM treatment.

Need new tires…

Jumpy start… Kinda sent you on a swivel at first!

Edit

Launch control in the snow please. Do it! It’ll be epic. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been working with the Count to try and nail down the launches. I have light weight wheels, but since going stage 2, I can’t get any traction.

Tires are PZero’s at about 30% tread, pair that with cold pavement (I flashed stage 2 in end of October) and it makes sense. I’ve also got the rear seats removed.

I’ve been running around with my seats folded down. I actually like the sound of the JHM exhaust MORE with the seats down. You get a sense of the exhaust’s “edge” and can hear the little burbles, pops and crackles on deceleration more. I may follow you and do a rear seat delete. Will have to figure out the cosmetics down the road.

Yeah but snow tires and launch control. :). Switch to Michelin PS4S and you’ll be golden.

Yes! The sound is 10% louder with the armrest down, and 30% louder with the seats out. You can hear a bit more rattling, however it’s worth it. Sounds so good!

If you’re going to make a carbon cosmetic rear cover I might be interested!

That’s sort of what I’m thinking…but also thinking possibly of some alcantara/leather cover over a lightweight molded plastic piece. Maybe something vacuum formed over a hand formed mold to save on cost. Make a nice, flat shelf or something. I’ll have to brainstorm a bit. Super lightweight sound deadening material is also on the horizon.

You guys are so full of win. I love that you know the levels of exhaust tone, per adjustment of seat and armrest location.

Now you guys have me wanting to go pull the arm rest down in my car for nothing more than to just see.

1 Like

Thinking plastic or MDF?

I’m thinking plastic over closed cell foam for lightness. There would be a pad layer on top of the plastic, then the leather/alcantara with leather straps. Simiar to what you’d see in a Ferrari or Aston for a luggage rack. Make it flat so it’s at least useful and looks OEM.

Hmmn, Maybe the next build project