RS5 Service Position DIY video

A little how-to on placing the RS5 into service position.

Very well done on the video. Garage floor life…

Watched the entire video.

I don’t know if its helpful but it might help you get more clicks. The work you did is almost the same as you have to do on a B8 A4. Also you didn’t have some screws on the bumper that are usually there. so it looks like the bumper has been off or you might not have had the chance to film that.

Not that you care but for another 30 min of work you could have just removed the front core. It isn’t that much more work.

Yeah I didn’t film the two fasteners and a few of the screws in the fender liner. Just too hard to get a camera in there and see anything but my shoulder. Also the bumper has been off before as I have e-codes. I actually made another trip to the dealer and replaced any missing fasteners in the fender liner making sure they were all the correct ones. I have a severe dislike for missing fasteners.

I did not want to drain the coolant all the way hence not removing the entire front end. It’s a pain to get all the air out of the system on an RS5 and it’ll add an hour on the back side reassembling. So that’s almost two hours saved doing it this way. There was more than enough room to get to the crank and turn the motor as well as replace the accessory belt.