RS5 sounds like a pirate ship!

Ok folks I’ll make it short,
2014 RS5 46k miles. Lowered on JHM springs, H&R front sway, 034 rear, ECS strut bar 2 months ago, had a knocking sound that was my negligence, fixed it, and has brand new tie rod ends. Now my issue is the front end literally sounds like a pirate ship at slow speeds, when reversing, when turning both stationary and moving slowly. Bushings seem fine but I’m not a professional bushing observer. I’m thinking that hunting down this problem is futile and it’s time for full 034 replacements and coilovers. Thoughts?

I’d at the very least inspect everything and also make sure you do not have a wheel bearing issue. Would suck to replace everything and discover it did not fix the problem!

I tried to have the mods delete the post. My problem was resolved by tightening the rear control arm at the subframe connection. I paid a shop to do a bolt torque check while they align it after I installed a few suspension bits but they clearly swindled me. I had 3 bolts literally finger tight.

No worries, actually a learning experience and good for others to glean some info from!

1 Like