S5 CAKA Supercharger Rebuild

Planning to do only the Timing Chain Tensioners and PCV ended up a lot more work…

• Carbon Clean
  • Port an Polish Throttle Body
  • Waterpump
  • Thermostat
  • Port, Polish and rebuild Supercharger
  • Single pulley
  • If funds are enough at the end of this…
    Install the Supersprint Racing Headers I have laying around and buy the Supersprint Front Pipes with Hi-Flow Cats.

There are 2 things I am not able to find and maybe you experts here know the answers:

Injector Seals
Pulling the intake manifold the seals that where stuck in the intake manifold are light blue.
Finding replacements only leads me to green seals, is the colour of the seals important or just a stupid thought?

Supercharger bearings
I am planning to rebuild the entire unit, so not only the rear needle bearing.
I am unable to find a diagram, schematic, part numbers, sizes or others specs that I need to order the right ones in Europe. Does anyone know a link, document or anything about these that can help me?

My Supercharger revision is: F

I think the newer version of the split ring seal is Green now. FCP Euro recently had a sale on the PCV, not sure if it’s still going on but I bought one as a spare since it seems it’s only a matter when of when it will fail.
As far as the Supercharge I haven’t done anything with mine except change the oil but I did come across this place a while back. I know if you search Eaton R1320 you’ll find more info than search Audi 3.0t Supercharger.

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply!
The issue is that I have the 1st gen TVS 1320 and not the TVS R1320.

From what I found, the TVS R1320 is used on the 3.0T EVO engines.

I didn’t know there was really any difference between 2013~2017 models other than Audi standard minor parts revisions and upgrades, seals, cooling circuit (external), gaskets, sensors? The 3.0T in the 2018 and later cars is a different motor and Turbocharged instead of being Supercharged. The part number on my '13 S5 on the sticker under the front cover is:
06E-145-601-AC, the latest listed is 06E-145-601-BC. What year is your car? Engine model?

From 01/20/2016. From 10/10/2010. Includes: Upper Intake Manifold. Supercharger. To 01/20/2016. To 10/10/2010. Fits A6, A7, A7 Sportback, A8, Q5, Q7, S4, S5, SQ5 3.0 Liter. A6. A6 3.0L. A7. Convertible, 3.0 Liter. Coupe, 3.0 Liter. Gas. Gas, 2012-15. Gas, 2013-14. Gas, From 01/20/2016. Gas, to 01/19/2016. S4. SQ5. Touareg Hybrid From 9/6/13. Touareg Hybrid To 9/5/13. A7. S4. SQ5. A6. 3.0l. Gas, 2012-15. Gas, 2013-14. Convertible, 3.0L. Gas, to 01/19/2016. Gas, From 01/20/2016.
With that said I’m talking S4/S5 Superchargers but also applies to early A6’s and such. Minor differences in some of the seals/gaskets. There were a couple of revisions of the Intercoolers in the later cars (B8.5), supposedly minor efficiency improvements. Some later A8/A7/A6? cars that got the Supercharged engine at the end of it’s life had a Supercharger clutch at the front pulley that would disengage the Supercharger for more cruising efficiency.

Great info hahnmgh63

Hi,

I have the 06E-145-601-G version on a 2011 S5 EU version.

Found this porting job:

What do you guys think, should I try this?

According to Audi yours supersedes directly to the latest BC version:
06E-145-601-AC, 06E-145-601-AG, 06E-145-601-AN, 06E-145-601-BB, 06E-145-601-G, 06E-145-601-K, 06E-145-601-L, supersedes to 063-145-601-BC so it sounds like yours is basically the same as mine. I’ve heard if you Port the Supercharger you won’t reap the whole benefits without going to a larger Throttel body or vice versa. I’ve been thinking about a larger throttel body as the prices have come down and the choices have gotten better here stateside. But I think the benefits would be minor without going with the Ported Supercharger.

Any thought about cutting the rotor support like on the pic?
(This was done on a VMP Gen3R by 1320 Junkie Performance)

I have read stuff that explains the more clearance the rotor intakes have the better, but even better is more volume at the back

I’d think as long as you have enough material left. I’m sure it is over engineered from Eaton but how much is unknown. I think the Supercharger mods are one of the last things I would do after pulleys, stage 2+ software, Cat delete or at least high flow cats, Downpipes. Seems like the real highly reputable places cost a fair amount which is understandable if they have invested in a CNC mill and/or a flowbench. Might consider it if I was already going to have my Supercharger off for a Carbon clean. As I said before, to get the full benefit you really need to do the larger throttle body too.

I am going to add material under the Bypass Valve, tot open up the intake more.

Add material in the 3 gaps under the Bypass opening to take more material away around bearings. I am planning to make a 3 way intake flow. Left and right for normal intake and the middle for Bypass flow. Channeling Bypass by custom deflector.

What I really want to do is close the gaps between the HE Cores and the rotor walls. Flow is now being direct from the rotor exit port, sideways over the rotor housing to slam straight into the HE Cores sides.

Leading the flow in a way that the only way forward is through the HE Cores or Bypass should lead to better performance and lower IAT’s. Trapped air also warms up…

Adding material will be done with Durafix, you guys call it Alumiweld.