S8 Engine removal and reseal. POV headcam vlog

So you actually put sealant on the head first then the rubber gasket sits in it as well?

yes. if you don’t you will get a leak almost 100% of the time. Put a stronger bead of sealant around the bottom and lower corners where oil can pool.

Ended up being old o ring on the exhaust oil control valve. Put new r11 o ring on and all good now.

Been driving it for about a month, coolant is right at the top so assuming it was leaking past the rear timing cover Coolant tubed.

Swapped on a 2013 mfg code functioning intake super big thanks to a local member here for the part.
Very nice to have all of the torque down low again, also can fire it up and drive away, dont have to wait 2 minutes for it to warm up without getting crazy misfires.

Got some other stuff coming up for the car shortly. But just enjoying driving it! Need some new mufflers asap though to let her breathe and sound right.

Greg,

How is life, the new baby, and the car? Has it been running well for you? I wanted to thank you for doing the videos, I don’t think I have the balls/tools to do it myself, but to at least see it being done is a big help. Regards.

Hey been a while since Ive been on here. Our daughter was born Sept 20th and shes doing great. We bought an old class A motorhome which I have been renoing the inside. S8 has been ok. Kurt and the JHM guys discovered I had a very old TCM version, finally got a workaround from that, still an issue with cold starts as the torque control is all over the place. Now its on me to get some data so we can get it all patched up. Just been busy as heck with the 2 kids, new job, motorhome life etc lol.

But she does look pretty. Still havent done the magnaflow mufflers, possibly next year.
Wife would like to get the maxton front splitter for it.
Last thing is i need to fab up adjustable height links for the front. Its maxed on VCDS bt still sitting 10-15mm too high compared to the rear.