S8 specific engine drop

In the FSM it says to take off the knuckles from the axles. I dont think we need to do tbat right? Just undo airline to strut, take 3 nuts off the top hat, disconnect UCA from knuckle, and the entire knuckle with strut comes down with the subframe yes?
Also says there is a power cable on the driver lower a pillar. Carpet needs to be pulled back and cable oulled into engine bay thru firewall, is this the easiest way?

You can just take out the air strut and drop that along with the sub frame. They have you do the knuckles because when you pull the sub frame the axel will be getting pulled down under the weight of the brake rotor and suspension. Its not uncommon for the knuckle to separate or to have the axel separate.

When I helped CV pull his motor to build headers just after the holiday I don’t remember doing that or needing to pull the carpet away. You did need to pull the plugs from the access on the driver side but I don’t remember needing to get into the car to pull back any carpet. You did need to feed the cables thru the fire wall.