Sanity check RE O2 Sensor

Hi all, I’m getting an open circuit fault for my Bank 2 S2 (Rear passenger AUS RHD market RS4) so purchased what I thought was the correct O2 sensor from JHM (https://jhmotorsports.com/shop/catalog/o2-oxygen-sensor-oem-rear-driver-side-bank-for-b7-rs4-p-1474.html).

I’ve just got around to having the mechanic fit it, and he’s said that the plug is totally different, and the harness on the O2 sensor I was sent was way longer than it needed to be. I double-checked that I ordered the right part, and the one I ordered definitely looks different to what they sent.

Dru from JHM is adamant that the sensor is correct. Can you guys confirm whether I’m going insane or not? Here is a Pic of what I received: https://goo.gl/photos/kBv6BoLKPb6GL3C69

Thanks guys.

From what I have seen. Its the right one. Its just a universal sensor for the rear wide ban. If I remember the stock colors are brown and green. The universal ones are black plugged like you have.

So the plug color looks right and the plug body looks right from what I remember

I just replaced Bank 2 Sensor 2 on a friends Nogaro B6 S4 and new O2 sensor came with new black connector, which will not plug into brown one in the car. Package came also with an extra black connector. You have to remove brown connector on a car and replace it with the new black one so you can connect your new o2 sensor to it. Ohh and I got O2 sensor from FCPEuro, fast shipping and awesome price. New O2 sensor was also a bit longer than needed, but instructions say you just have to ziptie extra to make it perfect length, exactly what I did. Hopefully this helps.

On a side note, it was such a PITA removing that ziptie on top of the transmission ugrh. Agravated the hell out of me. Worst part of an entire install.

Actually, I forgot to update my post. After checking the part numbers, JHM confirmed it was te wrong one they sent and organised the right one to be shipped to me. New one has the right connector and tail length, I just haven’t installed it yet.