Seal66 B6 V6 DD

Idk if I really am doing anything that should be noted for a build but, figured I might as well throw it up.

I recently picked up a 2003 A4 Avant b6 V6 6Sp, Ming blue with 94K miles on it. Few minor things to fix.

One was the Rear safety triangle compartment. Picked up a new latch from Shapeway 3d. It worked like a charm

Next on the chopping block is the Air bodx mod, JHM intake spacers, JHM catless downpipes, Thermal R&D exhaust, JHM SS trio kit, JHM crossrod upgrade. That is all I have parts wise getting ready to go into the car.

Anyone recommend a certain plug? Anything else I should be looking at doing?

For suspension I was going to go with ST coilovers and a FCPgroton complete CA kit, 034 tranny mount, Rs4 rear sway bar. Looking into 18’s with some meat for this DD.

I still wise I could change the interior to black but I don’t have the resources to do that right now. I need a new driver side visor clip, fix some of the buttons rubbing off, and clean the interior (already clean but kinda refresh her)

I will post some pictures up here tomorrow of what I have done and what well be done.

Thanks

JHM tune next!

Can’t go wrong with a good build thread no matter the size of the modification list.

Welcome! X2 on the tune for first mod. Also would ditch the thermal R&D exhaust for Fast intentions catback.

Stock spark plugs, change them every 40k. As for other stuff, I’d make sure all maintenance was completed first, especially the timing belt. Flush all the fluids, change out the vacuum and PCV lines and check valves, and also the fuel filter. Then I’d worry about what mods to do. The last thing you want is to dump a bug of money on mods, only to have the timing belt fail and cause the pistons and valves to start banging together.

Sent from my Moto X

Mhmm some goodies came in

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/10/sune5u2u.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/10/8u3a9a2y.jpg

Woot!

Everything should be on the car within a week. I am waiting to do the JHM intake spacers until I do the PCV replacement. Seems like a smart choice even though it all looks good

do you plan on wrapping those downpipes with anything? some nice DEI titanium exhaust wrap would be perfect. Just s suggestion.

No I did not think about wrapping them. I was going to do a high temp coating but didn’t have the time. I am doing the DP’s while the tranny is out to make things a bit easier.

wrapping downpipes? A bit excessive no?

I wrapped mine just because. I figured why not try to keep the heat in there for a bit longer and out of the engine bay. But I’m also far enough south I didn’t need to worry about rust or salt during the winter.

Interested in hearing your thoughts after the upgrades vs how this stacks up against the feeling of your other car.

Doubt it well even come close to my other car. The b7 is a totally different animal. Even for the modest power it makes she just puts a smile on my face.

Don’t get me wrong I am sure these upgrades are gonna make the b6 wake up and sound good and probably for sure feel better. The tune is gonna make her really fun

Well got the JHM catless dp’s in, along with a thermal r&d exhaust. Also do the cross rod and jhm ss trio kit along with a stock clutch. Did this route due to it being a DD, so not gonna launch it or do track days.

Next up is a tune and coilovers.

Nice!

Sound clips?

Nothing yet Jake. Btw, for some reason that shifter was a pain man. I was at the shop when they installed on a rare day off. Everything was correct.

You’re not the first lol. The mechanic who did my install bitched and moaned about it. But when it was installed he loved it!

Oh ya once it was. All said and done they loved it. I gotta admit the exhaust sounds good. A bit high but its new and needs to burn in a bit. I am gonna go through and tighten everything down after the next heat cycle. The 3L has a pretty decent sound to her