Selling my '08 S6, will be posting here shortly

Guys, I have been here awhile but haven’t posted lately. Been very, very busy with my 4 kids and nothing earth-shattering going on with the S6.

After 8 years and 100k miles of personal use, I’ve had decided to sell my beloved S6. I have 4 young drivers in the household and maintain 7 vehicles. Time to let her go.

I’m the 3rd owner, and she has 161k miles on the clock. VIN is WAUDN74F58N105865. KBB private party sale is ~$5300-$8000. I will sell to someone on this board for $5500. Cosmetically the car is beautiful inside and out. 3M film kit on the front, which cost $1k. Mechanically it will need an injector clean, carbon clean and new flex pipes. There’s a few very minor leaks here and there (valve covers?). To do the flex pipes you need to do an engine drop, so might as well refresh some things from there. I have over $500 in new parts waiting to install (gaskets, plugs, etc., plus passenger DRL to address a lens crack). Will throw in those parts plus a set of 18" factory winter wheels and tires for an extra $500, so $6000 total for the transaction.

I have every single record since day 1 of this vehicle. The folder of receipts is an inch and a half thick. If you want one of these S6 V10s, this is a good place to start for reasonable money. I’ll post a FS thread with pics in the next week or two, but wanted to put this out there now. It was a tough decision to make.

I accept two forms of payment: cash or cash. Located in SE Michigan. I won’t deliver or meet anyone. Come see and buy it in person.

Oh god… I’m literally making the last payment this week to pay off my car…

Oh, and I have a set of Audi roof racks I’ll include. I’ll itemize everything shortly.

I started to go through items this weekend. Looks like I need to have the ABS hydraulic control module refurbished (cost a few hundred, I believe).

Anyway, rather than the various repairs consuming my next several weekends, I’ve decided to let her go AS-IS.

Thinking $3500. Let me know if there’s any takers on this board.

I have had my ABS block repaired for 350 bucks FYI…

Wasn’t really looking and a lil far from MA, but I’d go for an adventure if you’d take $2k… shit it’s gonna cost at least $1k for fuel there and then back for 2 S6’s

Car is already sold.

I have some new parts that I’ll be listing here for sale.

2 Likes

Great job on selling the car sucks to see another member sell the car off. Did you sell it local…

Happy to hear the it wasn’t the joke of a low ball offer mentioned above. Hope you have a good car in your future.

1 Like

Hello, I ended up with this car at a dealer auction. I’d love to ask some questions 2008_s6. My email is Grautodon @ gmail. I hope you see this, thanks.

Hi, thank you for letting the board know about your sell before the general public. I live in Utah, so it is not practical for me to look at your car in person. I have a very good friend who lives in the Detroit area. I will buy it from you the minute he tells me that in good condition, except of course the flaws you have already noted.
Please PM me.

@Cyyzgnus–did you even read any of the posts above yours???

To everyone else, car is in hands of a very good guy in Michigan. Met him yesterday and gave him all the records. He’ll return her to her former glory. He’s a very knowledgable, capable guy. I’ve encouraged Don to post on the forum and ask questions, if needed.

You’ve been great! Thanks for all the support over the years.