Slight knocking

Do you have DRC?

Yes I’m pretty sure I do anyway. I can go into dynamic and it all stiffens up if that helps

Yes thats DRC they do blanking kits for DRC if you choose not to go with a set up that use this !

One company I’ve heard about that people seem to be very pleased with and don’t break the bank is BC Racing Coilovers.
I’ve not used them myself but over here in the U.K people seem very happy with this setup I know a few guys with this set up not on our cars but BMW’s and a few Jap cars and they are impressed with them.
Its worth looking into as there good quality and around your budget !

I had BC BR Coils on my last 335is and they were great. I’ll be getting them on my RS5 eventually. Can’t recommend them enough because they don’t break the bank yet give me all the adjustments I want.

1 Like

Thanks Steve.
I actually went for a Koni setup in the end.
I really didn’t want coilovers and after lots of research and testing people I came across CRS Performance. It’s a guy called Steve they talk alot about him on the RS246 forum. I think he must partner with Koni in someway as the shocks are not available on Koni catalogue. I think CRS shim them or something and state not to adjust as set for B7/B8 specific. It also comes with the electronic delete kit to remove DRC as well as the bung covers. They go on original springs but I beleive they also offer H&R springs as a pack to go with them.
Not really much info about really but sure if you Google CRS Performance it will come up with the chats.

I paid £970 for the kit.

Was supposed to be fitted today but my god what a nightmare. The bolt going to the hub snapped and for a moment thought was going to need a new hub. Managed to get the bolt out in the end but got to wait now till next week for it finished as didn’t want to risk snapping bolt on otherwide (rear drivers side) so getting that last one fitted but will be taking it very carefully and I’ll be twitching that day.

After that though I’ll let ya know what I think.

The DRC is also now fully removed and really won’t be missed tbh

Glad you sorted mate, Koni are a good make and have a good reputation so im sure you won’t go to far wrong with the choice you made.

I go on RS246.com and find it a bit boring to be honest everyone seem to be very oem with there cars ! No one seems to want to tune there cars to much or put different none oem parts on. There is a lot of talk about Audi servicing and how much there cars are worth in stock form etc etc … boring :sleeping: lol !! … Anyway

Hope all goes well with the fitting sounds like you have been having fun ! Im sure it will be easy from here in :+1: good luck buddy !

1 Like

Yes RS246 although comes up alot not a great deal of activity although I could say that for a few forums.

I use this one mainly as I’m all about tuning haha

Hopefully at some point I’ll get round to that stage 2 tune

Quick update, I’m loving these Koni dampers. Drive is better than before. Admittedly I think pretty much all old shocks was at end of life but no DRC means sports mode is now drivable haha. I’d say it’s a perfect balance for anyone not wanting coilovers like me. Mine are on the standard springs too but I see people put springs on too. Maybe in future when all my other plans done. But for now I love the car again. :grin:

Not sure they use this site but shout out to Steve @ CRS Performance for helping with the order of these. Next day delivery top service

1 Like

I should mention that last month I stated that I lowered my car on JHM springs and had knocking. I mangled my tie rod ends and had a reputable shop install and align the tie rod ends and specifically asked them to do a bolt torque check. They charged me for it and said everything was fine. I continued to hear knocking on the front left and eventually it got worse and also developed rear knocking. It drove just fine but I had enough and put it on the lift to discover a loose bolt on both the front and rear end link, definitely my fault. Tightened them both, knocking gone. I trusted the shop and really shouldn’t have. JHM springs are great although the rear end isn’t as low as I hoped, car has a slight rake to it.