Slightly OT: Q5 3.0T 1/4

This ad popped on my tv while I was reading this post.

(Hint: fine print)

exactly.

scott great that you signed up and we all would love to hear more about your car… Your actions were just stupid you look older to know better and I agree saying you did a video because the oher guy did it as fucking stupid what are you 10… Why would we go comment on your you tube page. when most people think those kinds of actions are silly and its not like we wanted to talk directly to you. If you are not old enough to know better commenting on your you tube page wouldn’t make it any better.

MAybe its just me. I have a single digget drag car and I have no idea on how anyone would think its a good idea to drive looking over your sholder at close to 80 mph let alone at the track

1. “I wasn’t an idiot, I was just pretending to be an idiot” (by being an idiot)

2. Your q5 would get fucking thunderpumped by modified srt8s. I guess maybe you don’t understand what $2500 gets those trucks, but check in here and tell the guys how slow they are…

http://www.lxforums.com/board/garage.php?do=timeslip&sort=&order=ASC&search=Go!

Right now you’re the fastest q5 in the world. Is that right? Way to go. You’re still slower than stock jeeps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPvKTt_Mgk0

Never mind modified ones. Tunes and full exhaust are $1500 TOTAL for those things. You spent $2500? (I’m pretending you only spent that much to keep this from getting silly). For $1500 the jeep guy will whip your ass, and have $1000 left to hire a cheerleader squad and marching band to taunt you.

P. S. Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XcGdZatVKA

Going 157 mph on a public road and boasting on YouTube…that’s not helping the case for “I’m not an idiot”.

Scottisha69…hahaha, did you make your account when you were 13? If not, it screams douche bag.

Oops, forgot to attach

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/ru6y7aga.jpg

I should have done a better job at conveying my thought… No defense for me, regarding the horseplay while racing. Not even sure a good attorney could argue in favor of my actions. So you guys are right… And yes, I could have introduced myself and I guess I probably would have if I wasn’t so eager to share that video and challenge those equally as eager to blanket label someone they had no real knowledge of. You see a snapshot into my life and make a call… however, when I see people doing stupid stuff, I call a spade a “spade”, so trust me, I deserved the criticism.

I may not fit in… and this may be quickly confirmed, I’m not sure. But I have street raced in the past too. Typically, as most that know me will attest, I spend most of my time racing in “Mexico”. Well, it’s a place we refer to as Mexico. A desolate stretch of road just over 8000 feet long, and dead on level. Does that make it less “stupid”? well, that could be argued too, I guess.

Anyways, you make a valid point and I should have definitely eased my way into my half assed defense. So, I apologize.

Scott

No worries from me.

You could have just said, “Ya I was being a dumbass, we all do that at times” instead of trying to justify it with other dumb people.

We also have probably all done some street pulls, I’m guilty. But I won’t’ do it in traffic or in 35MPH zones like some retards. It is all stupid, but hell…it’s fun.

Nice Q5, my wife has a 2012 S-line 3.2…it’s a great little SUV. I’m kinda glad the 3.0T came out in '13 because I don’t need more shit to screw with. I bet you surprise the hell out of people. How is you tranny holding up?

no doubt a modified Jeep SRT8 would likely
thunderpump" me. I mean, I would hope it would. I’ve seen 1000hp SRT8’s killing it in the 1/4 mile. Can’t imagine the funds it would require to make the Q5 as fast as a 1000hp Jeep.
I think the point is more that The Q5 was a $50,500.00 v6 SUV, with $2.5k in mods, beating a $63k SUV with a big V8. I’m not ignorant to the fact that in reality it’s apples and oranges, but I still found it had some value. The guy in the white SRT8 was pretty impressed when we spoke after that run.

Yes, that was me doing 157 in my Q5. I was alone, wearing a helmet, with not another car even in sight for miles. Well, not in sight period. I put myself in danger, yes (an easy argument can be made at how dumb that is) and possibly and deer or boar that may have jumped out in front of me. One time deal. Goal was to hit 160. Didn’t do it, and have no intentions of re-trying it unless I go to one of the 1/2 mile events run in Fl or Ga. Got lucky that time and no doubt I would be pressing my luck to repeat it. I promise you though, no one else on that desolate stretch of back road, period. Wouldn’t have done it if there was.

I think my initial response to this thread was me thinking, “really?” none of these guys have ever done anything that could be deemed as dumb? I mean, some people would venture to call 10 mph over the speed limit “complete recklessness” I could have definitely preceded my post with an introduction and a disclaimer saying, “Listen, this was one of several dumb ass things I have done…but enjoy”

I never race in traffic. I typically don’t race unless I’m at the track or on that stretch of road in “Mexico” because it’s just not worth it.

I guess there are some folks that never break the law. They can definitely cast stones, because they can hold up a mirror and see no flaws. I don’t cast stones from my glass house.

I have a Blackvue HD500 dash cam in my Golf TDI (daily driver) as I see “stupid” stuff daily and know at some point it’s going to record something crazy. Funny, because that camera is in there, it keeps me in check too, because I don’t want to incriminate myself. LOL

I think I came up with that screen name in 2003 when I joined a VW forum. Pretty sure I was 33 yrs old at the time. I had an employee at my dry cleaners that always called me Scottisha and I was born in 69. Seems to work out that no one else ever uses the name “scottisha”, so made it easy to register on sites and not have to recall which name I registered to each site…
Not sure I see the obvious “douche bag” part of it, but maybe you’re onto something, because no one else ever seems to use it. I could have used your input 10 years ago my friend. Would have saved me a ton of embarrassment.

One thing I don’t do, is hide behind my screen name or the internet. It’s pretty easy to figure out who I am, where I live, work etc… no internet tough guy crap from me and I won’t say anything here I wouldn’t say to you in person. too hard to enjoy forums if I had to exert a lot of energy maintaining anonymity.

I dont think anyone would say thry havent done something stupid or done something thst makes them think teice but we also didn’t post it on youtube…as I said your clesrly old enough to kjow better. Now that you said you know it was stupid and went on more to show your true side. Still I can be a ccomplete dum shit and do stupid stuff that doesn’t make other peoples actions any less wrong or more right…

I get the picture and I still think actions like that at the track should have people bannned ffom the track…I dont think your one of those guys…your car is great and it is cool to see all the kills make a thread about your car it would be nice to see moee

Welcome to the site! Agreed on making a thread on the Q5. Would like to see more.

[quote=""]
Eas he Korean? I knew a guy in university who was nicknamed Scotcha because that’s how the Korean cooks at the restaurant he worked at said Scott.

Someone smart once told me that internet forums are like professional wrestling. No matter what haunches gone on before once you apologise everyone makes up and moves on lol.

The dude eating chips needed to be banned. Your drink and constant headswivelling could have been a serious issue if it had gone pear shaped or you drifted over. Not as bad as that guy though. When you’re going 100-120 side by side with someone, you hope he is being attentive and looking forward and being careful so that if it does go bad, he doesn’t kill you with him.

Jspazz was referring to me above. I would hardly call giving him the finger for a half second when I missed 4th and lost and was coasting while he was pulling away the same as one handing it and slugging a coke while looking backwards or eating chips and ducking around. Turns out my giving him the finger back then was just my good instincts kicking in before I knew him well enough . He really does need to fuck off.

Saki you’re such a sad man…you actually waited until you see me get online to take a swing lol. Grow up. I was making fun of the situation.

Yes I was just waiting for to be online. Or I got home from dinner, saw that and posted.

Egocentric much?

Yes, I should be “banned” LMAO… That video, you’re referring to, was a “parody” video in reply to the guy in South Florida eating chips while drag racing. It’s the only time I have ever done that and honestly, can’t imagine the need to do it again.
The track does require helmets and they usually enforce it. I wear one when I drive my Golf R as they insist cars with t-tops, sunroofs, etc have a driver wearing a helmet if the car is faster than 12 seconds.

I leave the comments section wide open on my videos. Those of you with such a strong opinion should have taken advantage of calling me out right there. Surely you would have had others jump on that bandwagon with you… I would have replied as I am now; it was in fun and luckily nothing bad happened. Beyond that, it’s both hands on the wheel and my helmet on when they require it.

In the mean time, I would suggest you email the guys at Drive. They seemed to find humor in doing 150 while joking, eating sandwiches, filming a video, etc… All while passing other racers.

fast forward to the 10:20 mark to see what I’m referring to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrrwDHZUK6I

Those of you that can stomach to watch me do anything else in the Q5 or my old Mazda Proetege’ that I used to race in SCCA, you’ll enjoy these other videos.

Would have hit 160, if I had more closed course to run on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqO3wM_FI9U

Running my friend in his GTI. Currently the fastest stock turbo GTI in the USA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA3RVfonne4

Sorry, the new SRT8 Jeep is almost a second slower in stock form:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ach7LyVjK7s

Me racing my Protege’ Ironically, I’m wearing a helmet, fire suit, gloves, etc… There is a bobble head hula dancer on the back deck, as seen in the mirror. Heaven forbid I be 100% serious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd432fxLPz8

Scott

How about you make an intro thread instead of using your first post to try and explain “how stupid you aren’t”

It’ll be clear whether you fit in here real quick…or not it’s truly up to you. But screwing around on the track, which should be way safer and more controlled than the street, shows yours I of responsibility for yourself, your car, and most importantly others.

We don’t get impressed here by show boating and using the excuse “the other guys do it” doesn’t mean much either

^^ That.

Nice videos Scott…liked the bumps you were giving the CRX, jeez even in the little cars it’s still racing…you still road racing?

I thought your drag vid was fine. I remember a similar high-12 run where I was pulling and turned around to see the face of a certain prominent board member here. He had no problems taking a hand off the wheel to show me a very prominent finger, I nearly pissed my pants.

These aren’t shitbox drag-only cars or anything like you see on pinks. On the road course we hit 120 on the straights every time and if I couldn’t look around my car or put my hand up to wave a guy by at that speed I wouldn’t be out there.

Scott I look forward to you bringing us a different experience and I hope you take that ride deeper into the 12s.

This ad popped on my tv while I was reading this post.

(Hint: fine print)