Stage 3 B8 S4 vs. Stage 2+ B8 S4...what is the true delta?

it’s hard to see the motivation. When the APR tuned 1320 guys who run their cars in street form are catching the traps of the 1740 guys with no seats and exhaust, it’s hard to see where the delta will be. Unless you hire another tuner…and again who wants to tune the thing? “Sure let me make my competitor’s parts look good” is something I don’t hear too many business people saying.

It will also be interesting to see if APR makes you pay $1500 to flash their tune to your car in order to use a second hand supercharger kit. That will be fun to watch.

If someone pays $9000 for a blower, then sells it for say $6,000 (they hope) but the buyer then has to install it…and pay $1500 to tune it…that’s going to be the worst deal ever for the used buyer.

I don’t think he’ll mind me sharing… Richi was kind enough to reach out to me in advance of listing his blower… I will not be purchasing the blower from him even though the price was/is very fair. I’m going in a different direction with the car… I’ll leave it at that for now… Needless to say I’m very excited about some things and we’ll see how they play out in the spring…

Serious question: what if you put the blower on a stage 2 car without retuning it?

It probably wouldn’t even idle…is this a serious question? If so, it all makes sense now.

The biggest issue would be that it has a different throttle body, and wouldn’t run without a corresponding tune.

Exactly…

So 12 pages into this we have no answer to “what is the true delta”? Saki thinks it’s negative. Nobody wants to dyno it before/after because measuring is stupid. So we have a bunch of WAG 1/4 mile runs under dramatically different conditions and we’re using that as rationalization that a Stage 2 could be faster.

Nobody thinks it’s negative. Only if you’re driving the stage 3 car.

But we still haven’t seen a stage 3 car run. Just a stripped car on race tires with no interior, ON a run designed to desperately save the kit.

When it runs on street tires with 4 seats on a production tune and pulley I imagine it will go around 11.2-11.4@122-124 mph on race gas.

I also imagine a stage 2 JHM tuned B8 S4 will do the same thing in the spring so at that point nobody will care about stage 3.

Did you see 034 Stage 1 got into the 11’s on 104. I would assume JHM can’t be far behind them. http://fourtitude.com/news/aftermarket_tuner_news/034motorsport-puts-first-stage-i-b8-s4-in-the-11s/

034 has designed a pretty bad ass intake module with some heat shielding around it. I have to pass California smog test in March, then I’m probably going to get it. It’s pre-production. They showed me at Thunderhill last weekend on their test B8.

lolol

Can you elaborate on the design some more? What’s unique about this piece? Did they do anything with increasing air volume in the tract?

Tried to ping zcd on his move from b8 to c7 s6. What are your though on the car. Pros and cons, and any other alternatives looking back? Anything you love or hate about it?

Read his thread maybe?

Where I don’t see ?

3 down from this one :stuck_out_tongue:

http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=3513.0

Was sharing the track this weekend with some very fast drivers in APR tuned B8 cars. One of them ended up being the TVS1720 blower and APR stage 3. He was running fast as hell. Both cars were able to pull away from me on the main straight, but I caught them both multiple times.

The unicorn is real:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161121/b714e00cbccf988de4a292bc1426a9a1.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161121/8a744841eb355680564632872b7414f6.jpg

interesting.

they can’t pull away from well sorted stage 2 cars, as we’ve seen in multiple videos. All around that unicorn should be extinct soon. So should anyone who promoted or sold it.

Yeah I would put the stage 2 car and this one at a similar to identical clip on the straight line speed. I think the next step is to “ultracharge” it to unlock the higher power. I don’t really know what the means but it is some kind of special intake.

Why not skip the ultracharge and go right to the triple megacharge?