Start guessing.

if by you pretending Audi’s quoted hp numbers are accurate, then you should also have corrected where I said the S4 has 360 hp/360 tq. Shouldn’t you be saying it has 333hp and 325 tq?

Go look at the stock dyno results from the S8/RS7 at APR. They’re light years from quoted numbers.

Welcome to reality!

For a literal guy who needs proof like yourself, you sure are stretching things to make a point

What have I stretched? Are you guys really this angry that you just go looking for things to disagree with me on?

I said it makes 600 hp stock, and around 700 hp tuned…so shouldn’t it be expected to be running the times it is?

Here…let me educate you.

APR dyno’d the STOCK S8 at 525 WTQ and 500 WHP. That would translate, comfortably, to around 630 TQ and 600 HP at the crank.

APR dyno’d the TUNED S8 at 630 WTQ and 575 WHP. That would translate, comfortably to around 700 tq and 650 hp.

The RS7? It’s even stronger.

So remind me again what was stretched?

http://www.goapr.com/includes/img/products/dyno/40tfsi_d4_s8/s8-oem-93-vs-s8-apr-93.png

http://www.goodspeedperformance.com/Blog/media/blogs/gspblog/RS7MailerTOPNEW_zps707e4b11-579x510.jpg?mtime=1387498895

Hey I’m not angry, lol read your response to me about the 10 sec tune-only Benz and above…

I’m saying it’s impressive to me, fastest Audi sedan with a tune and basically showcasing the potential of a compressor wheel swap on the other 4.0TT. So what you’ve proven is the numbers add up…ok…you’ve educated yourself. There’s nothing about a MSRP of a sports sedan that dictates you’ll be getting a faster car. Is the S63 faster than the E63 or C63? Anyway, I was serious about my question about the 10 second tune only Benzes. It wasn’t a challenge Sak, lol, I was curious but all I got was your typical lash-out response.

APR should put some fatter turbos on this beast for 9s!

bingo

lol @ bingo

you asked why more people aren’t as excited about this. I told you.

It costs a fortune so there’s not much interest in the forum world where people typically pay $20,000 to $50,000 (unless it’s the B5 forum where they pay twenty hundred)…it is already incredibly strong stock so the tune delta isn’t crazy.

I realise you guys want to pretend the stronger 4.0T is 520 hp etc. but it’s actually like 520 WHP and 600 at the crank stock. It’s dramatically underrated.

it is making 700 hp tuned so shouldn’t we expect these numbers???

scrabble (since we’re yelling out random game names)

Yahtzee!

Underrated or not, I have never seen a stock Audi gain more from just a tune. Have you? Nor have I seen an Audi go 10s with just a tune.

To me, to simply throw a tune and a tank of race gas at it and do 10.66 is crazy. From a car running high-11s stock.
That S8 will be totally stock appearing and sounding. Imagine punishing EVERYTHING on the road around you.

That’s all I did on my S4 and did 12.06, from 13.4 stock. The next 3-4 tenths cost a LOT more time and money lol.

I’m curious when a shop with an S6 will get a hold of the compressor wheels from the RS7/S8 and have a go at it. Sure, maybe riskier on non-forged internals but the lesser 4.0TT should be able to handle 500-ish whp.

When was the last time Audi had a 4.0tt that put out 600chp stock?..oh and with a DSG transmission.

I think the times are awesome and the car will be a hell of a sleeper, but it isn’t AMAZINGZING

No definitely not. It’s incredible the upside, and the performance is fantastic.

Of course that’s not what the heated discussion was about lol…

When you look at the tune results fro mAPR the shocking result is that it gains about 40 hp just going from their 91 tune to the 93 tune. And another 50 going to race gas. Crazy.

Of course as euroswagr pointed out, it’s all relative. This car makes double the power the B5 S4 did stock for stock. The B5 S4 gained about 60-80 hp from a tune and even more torque. The S8 is around the same percentage gain funny enough. Maybe now you will start to see what I’m saying about starting point being kinda important to note…

Your B8 S4 went 13.4 but are you sure you made no other changes (i.e. you ran 12.0 in -1000 feet of DA didn’t you…what was DA when you went 13.4?). More realistically, your B8 S4 went from 12.6-12.8 stock (the fast B8 S4s run this) to 12.0 with octane and a tune and a pulley. Your 13.4 time only serves to make delta look better than it reallly is, as a result of omitting some important details. I mean if you want to say the fastest a stock B8 S4 can go is 13.4, that’s fine. I think everyone will laugh at the assertion.

The idea about the compressor wheels etc…500 whp is a breeze for those cars as far as grenading the motor goes. The internals can likely handle 600+ whp as can the B7 RS4 (yes WHP). But that doesn’t mean the engine will be happy with the heat from big boost. Just because it doesn’t grenade doesn’t mean you’re not killing it. You may just be killing it slowly.

I reckon though 500 whp is a breeze. In fact isn’t APR getting that out of these things with a tune already? APR is getting 550-575 crank hp which must be 500 whp on the 4.0T lower output cars with just the tuning.

it’s a tiptronic transmission, not that it matters.

Why would they laugh? I’m in the middle.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/08/mu8y2yde.jpg

I actually never ran 13.49, my brother did, I hot-lapped and did 7-10 runs IIRC and did 13.5-13.7. it was night time and cooler but I think low-13s stock is normal.

My car is fully optioned with ADS, etc and heavy 19" peeler wheels and RE-11 tires, it’s decently over 4000 lbs. The only change I did for 12.08 was stage II and pulley. The tank was full of 110, I remember driving Vitaliy and his wife and friends home 2 hours after his master cylinder crapped out, we didn’t fill up until his place (didn’t really have to either, but he wanted to cover costs).

You’re correct they show 500 whp already with the A8 4.0T on 100 octane, but I’d agree they are playing it safe, consider this 2x a 2.0T and imagine telling anyone with a K04 and 280-300 whp that their rods and pistons won’t handle it. I agree with you on 600 whp being a reasonably safe limit.

Anyway why haven’t we seen the RS7 times yet? And where is that skydome full of 10 second tune-only Benzes you promised?

Other than it shows how much faith Audi has in its DSG transmissions lol

This trend towards race gas is pissing me off

You’re not in the middle. Of the stock DSG cars to run, you are 3rd slowest out of 4 on our list, and the only one that is slower ran in 8500 feet of density altitude, likely at Bandimere in Colorado.

Regarding your times and ‘I only changed xxx’ you’re ignoring DA again. I am not sure why. Going from 2000 feet of summertime DA (evening or not, it was still hot) vs. -1500 feet of DA in February on the ocean in New York is good for 40 hp or so on your car. So why are we pretending it doesn’t matter?

Bottom line is everyone can see the numbers. In ideal conditions a DSG B8 S4 bone stock is good for 12.8 @108 or so. Hell I watched one go 13.0 @ 107 in 1200 feet of DA at Cayuga. Turbobaby when he was stock.

In ideal conditions your car with a tune, a pulley, and 110 fuel went 12.0. Great. Now we know the real delta. Around 8 tenths and probably 7-8 mph or so.

[quote]Anyway why haven’t we seen the RS7 times yet? And where is that skydome full of 10 second tune-only Benzes you promised?
[/quote]
Are you asking me, or Arin about the RS7? Your ADD is hard to follow.

I said we can fill skydome with what you don’t know. If you want to see 10 second tune only 5.5 bi-T benzes, try a google search on your ‘smart’ phone.

Lol the only biturbo Benz I’m familiar with in “the 10s” is the 10-year old stock one that beat your car over 2 runs. :sunglasses:

There is no 10-sec tune only biturbo Benz that I can find by “simply googling”. So stop talking out of your ass…AMS has their Alpha package e63 running 10.7, but that has a turbo upgrade.

The S8 tune-only is retarded fast and a huge improvement over stock, sorry if it doesn’t impress you to gain over a second and go 10s tune-only. Like you’ve ever gone 10s! later sakimenos

Go fuck yourself jspazz. You’re an ignorant fuck and I don’t need to spoonfeed you information because you’re too dumb to find it.

Well that went badly.

Anyway I did what you asked, googled it. Don’t lash out because you bullshitted us all.