Steering Wheel Question

Please don’t flame me but I have tried searching and couldn’t find the answer. Majority of S6’s I see have a 3 spoke steering wheel standard. Mines however has a 4 spoke wheel, still has paddle shifters but it looks like a standard A6 wheel. Anyone have a reason for this? I am leaning to believe it’s part of a cold weather package but please clarify. Thanks.

Mine is a 4 spoke as well, on mine it’s because it is heated.

1 Like

And the heated function only turns on in temps below 50?

I can turn it on and off as I like with the button placed behind the left lower spoke.

Interesting - I have 4 spoke as well but have never noticed any heated functionality. I’ll have to take another look behind that spoke. I actually bought a nice conditioned 3 spoke with the S6 badge but it doesn’t have the airbag/horn cover and it doesn’t appear to be swappable from my 4 spoke. But hey if the 4 spoke is heated I might reconsider doing the swapping all together.

Bad info. All 4 spokes are not heated.

1 Like

Yea mines doesn’t appear to be heated as I don’t see any button to turn on the function

That’s the only reason I could see as to why anyone would pick that steering wheel over the stock one, that is more sporty.

1 Like

Indeed - checked last night and no button was present on that left lower spoke. Would also agree why would you want the 4 spoke if it wasn’t heated? Either way - I’ll likely still try and move forward with getting the stock S6 3 spoke wheel on there now.

So if the 4 spoke isn’t always heated why in the world would it be installed over a 3 spoke then?

I don’t understand what’s so horrible about a 4-Spoke.

Not saying it’s horrible but the 3 spoke has the S6 badging and is much more sporty. I honestly questioned it when I bought the car. Even my base model A5 had a 3 spoke wheel lol

Just like the “comfort” seats in 07… who would ever take those over the sport recaros??

My 4 spoke is heated. I don’t know why you would swap it otherwise either. Or why Audi couldn’t make a heated 3 spoke

U can retrofit the heated 4 spoke wheel into your car with a new mfsw controller, clockspring, and fuse. I’ve done it.

I wish my 3 spoke was heated. U can install the heated mfsw heated control module / clockspring into the car, rewrap the 3 spoke in nichrome and re-leather wrap. Tie it into the hvac unit for use when u activate the heated seats