Stock B7 RS4 exhaust dimensions - how long is this pig?

I have a wagon (B8 A4) which may work but I’m not sure.

With the seats down you might be able to slide the whole catback between the two front seats on the RS4. It would probably fit in the wagon for sure with the seats down.

If you chop the axle back off it’ll fit for sure with the seats down. The midpipe goes from the back of the trunk to about 3 inches below the top of the folded down seat.

That’s probably the best way since you can always just clamp/weld them back together after if needed. I’ve got some clamps that I’ll never use lying around if you want them for a poutine or something.

Oh and if you decide to cut it, have something to put under the edges so it doesn’t rip up your interior.

If its a wagon, strap it down to the roof.

You’re installing the JHM full back and tune?? :o

Be careful of your front windshield if you try it in the wagon.

a la happy2B5?

Bahahahaha…jackass :wink:

Or more like, what a jackass.

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Na man, it is not at all taken in a bad way. If we can’t catch shit and laugh at ourselves for the dumb shit we do in life, what’s the point.

I think its hilarious! Would not have posted my bone head move if I was that uptight

I did this with a bunch of lumber in my subaru outback. You are not alone.

About strapping it to the roof rack…I had my gunwale brackets and tiedowns in the car ready to give it a go (you can see them in the picture) Just didn’t sit right to load it up on the roof at 10+ ft long. Idk? Hindsight, I prolly should have.

And I knew the hatch wasn’t going to close. I had to strap the boot shut. I literally just moved it into place and barely tapped the glass (unfortunately before I wrapped it and the raw pipe is what did it in more than anything). Next thing I know, pop.

How far are you going with it? I paid a buddy with a pickup truck a case of beer to avoid scratching up my interior.

Glad happy2b5’s pic made it in here!

about 10 km

don’t care about hte interior of the A4 lol

It seriously needs some better seats. Wish it had the sport package.

Pickup truck…would that be long enough? NOt that I know ANYONE with a pickup anyway, but just wondering. I’m thinking the exhaust is around 10-11 feet long.

Car is 15 feet nose to tail. Here’s a good pic since we didn’t get a measurement

The catback appears to start about 9 or 10 feet from the rear.

I’ve also included the picture without my drawing. Great view of the car.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2cr25qu.jpg

http://www.jlosee.com/images/RS4/PDF/RS4_underbody.jpg

pickup truck beds are typically 8’ maximum

I transported my s4 catback in a 5.5’ bed, with some overhang. I just tied a red rag to it and took it down with some hanging off the end

Are pickup trucks really that rare up there? I figured with the snow, 4x4 pickup trucks would be around. Or do you just need more friends lol. There’s always someone around I can get with a pickup truck, well if I don’t want to use my own.

They’re around in rural areas

Where I live…not so much. Maybe the people doing the renovations on the homes lol. No buddies have one.

Yeah, they’re around…lots of construction workers drive them so they can carry their lunch boxes to/from the job site :slight_smile:

Cory’s a snob. Forgive him.

You could cut it on the straight portions between the center section and the two end mufflers. Then if you are going to use it again or sell it, get two more center exhaust clamps to join the three pieces together. That way you would have three 4-6 feet long sections; which are much easier to transport.

huh, funny, I’m the only person in my area without one (for the time being, looking for a 12v). lots of horses, boats, car trailers and tradespeople so that necessitates having one.