Summit Raceway - October 10 - 2014

Have Fun Guys!

Probably 200-250 street cars… Still havent made a pass… Sigh…

Come to atco one weekend!

Room and board/ meals will be covered.

Finally made my first pass… Been here since 430… Sigh… Had to drive through the water box… 1.72 60ft 11.99 at 116. Spun out of the year whole… Waiting on jeff… Will probably only get one more pass…

Just got home… Made one more pass head to head with Jeff… He got me 12.03 to 11.92 Track just wasn’t hooking at all… He did cut a decent 60 with LC but I had another 1.7 Place was just a zoo… Spent 6 hours there and got two passes! I left after 10 Jeff was going to try and see if they would let him make another pass but not sure he did or didn’t…

Jeff, Great to see you bud! I enjoy our visits and appreciate everything you do for the platform… Lots of neat mods he’s done to his car… I know you can’t hit Thompson on Sat. but on your way home if you want to stop by Sunday I can take care of you if you know what I mean…

Met a few folks from HS tuning, good dudes… They were there doing testing on their new GTI… Nice quick car… Then had some roll races with their(or one of the employees) B5… I got walked pretty good the one time as I tried to manually shift and the second time which was a more formal 3 honks race did better but still lost by a few car lengths from a slow roll… Not sure where we started or ended but unless we were going for a dig I wasn’t going to win… It was fun and he was a real good sport about it… He beat a Camaro SS from a roll pretty bad, I didn’t get a chance to line up with him but think I would have won? I’d have to imagine it was a stage III car and I know one of the guys they were with so I’ll find out… All and all shitty night but still had fun which is what it’s all about… Going to try Thompson in the morning as long as the wife doesn’t bitch… lol

Looks like Norwalk isn’t so ‘fast’ after all … One pass for 3hrs is slow as fuck. Frustrating

I knew you would say something like that and it’s fair… I was wrong for tonight… I’ll go to Thompson bright and early so will see… Norwalk is a faster track I’m positive… Just not good tonight…

Yep very frustrating for sure… Prep was horrible and 8 total staging lanes were full 25-30 cars deep with another group of cars waiting to get in to them and this is just street cars… That’s a big reason I normally avoid Norwalk but I was going tonight no matter what because of the conditions… Funny thing is I ran better this summer at Thompson… lol These cars don’t like to sit and those of us who have made lots of passes know that… They run so much better hot lapping, don’t know why but they do… So a wasted Friday no biggie and Jeff was coming this way anyway… Paid a nice lady to take some video so hopefully I’ll get them… lol

I was joking…referring to how slow it was to get through and make a pass, not the times.

When you run like you did tonight and make no passes, the results are useless.

Funny, a couple of us hit the strip seeing the great DA (-200) and thought it would be quiet.

Well it was fricking packed, and on top of that, everyone there was running very terrible times. Including us.

My best was 12.8 @ 109 (3 tenths and 1 MPH slower than my best)
Mistro ran 12.6 and trapped maybe 110 (4 tenths slower than his best and 3-4 mph)
Badtoyz ran a decent trap at 112 something, but his ET was 12.5, which is probably 2 tenths off where he should be (but it was still his PB, so that was cool. It was also slower than my PB, which is extra cool :smiley: )

All in all a frustrating night when you make 2 passes per hour, and your oil temp hits 110 CELSIUS because you’re lined up all frigging night waiting. Just completely useless

On top of this, you get loads of Civics out on a Friday night, and they like to break. There was a parade of them waiting out front after for tow trucks.

The night was basically a wash out so we decided to have fun racing other cars instead. Between the three of us, we raced modified Pontiac G8s, new Mustang GT 5.0, C6 Corvette, Jeep SRT8, couple older drag cars, a Firebird, a foxbody, and one or two others. The three RS4s didn’t lose a race all night. The Mustang, Jeep, 1 of the G8s, and the firebird were my races. Nobody was within 3 tenths of my ET. They were all low 13s all night. And they were all whining just like we were lol.

Oh well, lesson learned for the three of us, and the two of you, for going on Friday night. Weekend mornings are where it’s at.

we did no better on our side of the border really. slow times slow mph and forever to get passes in.

Heed saki’s words, anytime I’ve been with him we’ve been able to hot lap. The car might not like hot lapping but I do feel like I get into a groove

Yeah frustrating night all around I guess. It’s always fun to go hang out though.

Friday nights in NC were always a zoo and the funniest part was the hotter it was out…the more cars there were. I never ran in the summer, I’d just go to watch since the track was 10 minutes away and it was BYOB, lol. It seemed like those guys had no understanding of DA, especially when they were beating on their cars for no reason in Coastal Carolina with 95 degree temps at 10PM and 200% humidity.

In the fall they change to T&T to Sunday afternoon and it’s fucking great. It’s pretty common to see -1000 to -1500ft DA there. If skywagon is serious about getting good time his location is a great place to be.

Ron did you run the new fuel? And if you did how did the logs look interms of timing? Better worse similar.

It was more of a mix of 100 and the Mach fuel probably 3-4 gallons of 100 and 2 gallons of Mach… Logs are ok nothing spectacular… Mid/upper 20s timing… I have some from yesterday but haven’t reviewed yet… I can send them to you if you’d like to see them…

Went to Thompson on Sat. Only made a few passes as there was a UMTR makeup race so not a zoo but no hot lapping… Ran two 11.8s DA was 600ish…

Here is a video of my first run at Norwalk… He red lighted and I still ran him down…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfweXuutsEw&feature=youtu.be

Same here for me vs. a G8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KL-bjnvJvg&list=UUBI1O7QH4-O5BQx9-mN_p8w

about a second slower though lol!

fuck those B8s just impress the shit outta me I lovem.

sak, I cannot get over how good I sound in that vid. I must have listened to it a dozen times. the sound channels down the concrete walls directly to your mic, I love it.