The VFIZ computer on Audi B6/B7

Hi,

I recently ported (designed by me) the VFIZ computer to Audi A4 B6 and B7 platform,
it is very flexible and allow to many engine parameters to be measured and also graphed
Many parameters I mean of course boost, oilttemp, iat, rpm, speed, consumtion per distance, consumption per hour, dpf load, and many more…

Bellow it is preliminary and currently incomplete sample video which shows some features of VFIZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-jSwfiJEigA

The VFIZ allow to:

• displaying user defined engine parameters on FIS in RDS or Navi area
  • graphs of any parameter (but not all KI are able to draw it correctly, due bugs in tachometer firmware)
  • measure accelerate times
  • reading of measured values blocks (like VCDS)
  • dtc reading
  • dtc clearing
  • alarms when user defined parameters limits are exceeded
  • dedicated inputs to external sensors e.g. EGT…
  • open ceremony (rpm and tacho needle are going to and of scale and back after ignition on)
  • signaling via user defined tachometer lamp about engine knocking (e.g. EPC or Brake)
  • driving external relay when defined condition is meet
  • intergrated fast GPS
  • taking tracks logs and downloading it via bluetooth for post analysis (this is optional)

I can operate the VFIZ by MFWS or eventually wiper stalk,
and is pluged in car without need to modifying factory cabling.
It is already small and fits behind console just under tacho. Bellow is picture:

http://images43.fotosik.pl/1428/03e39eece85b9e1em.jpg

Please tell what do you think about it and what can I improved yet, any feedback is appreciated

Some about history of VFIZ:
The VFIZ started 3 years ago on golf4 and alike cars (Octavia1, Seat Leon, Passat b5FL)
but is mainly distributed to polish people by polish forums,
so you probably doesn’t find many information on web.
In this time there was only one minor VFIZ failure which was easy fixed (on my cost)
so I am satisfied with quality of them :slight_smile:

regards
Mariusz

Hey mAriusz…it’s a cool bit of tech, I had actually added this to my list of things to get for my car after seeing it in a random thread on az Last week

that thing is pretty amazing.

What’s the install procedure like? What’s the cost?

I like the term opening ceremony. Does it work on the b6/7 s4? How easy is it to install?

I’m excited to watch the video later, sounds very intriguing

Hi,

Install procedure is straight, remove small, black cover between steering and tacho, remove two screws,
pull tacho, remove green&blue plugs from tacho and put them directly into the VFIZ computer,
then similar plugs but outgoing from VFIZ insert into tacho,
next insert VFIZ behind center console,
insert tacho bac, install two screews, put small cover back.
I think that all … so it is about 15minutes.

Cost depends from it how extensive version is build, it about:
500$ (profi version, faster screen updates, with external EGT support, open-ceremony, reading and clearing dtcs, and more…)
there is also cheap version 250$ (almost all features but without open ceremony, slower screen updates, w/o clearing dtc and coding…)

Open ceremony works in b6 & b7, no need to make additional steps then just install of VFIZ :slight_smile:

Hello,

Some more actual movie
http://youtu.be/-vlA1TBjlw8

Thats VERY cool indeed !

Update, from some time VFIZ exist on official site: www.qmatis.com

regs

Update, from some time VFIZ exist on official site: www.qmatis.com

regs

I’ve been talking with this guy kicoro1 for a while now, he is a super nice guy, quick to respond, I am purchasing a VFIZ within the next month, I’ll be sure to post videos and whatnot you guys may be curious about.

I look forward to your review. Sounds like a neat addition.

Ive been running the VFIZ in my car for a few months now and I love it. Only regret I have is not finding out about it sooner.

I’ve been talking with this guy kicoro1 for a while now, he is a super nice guy, quick to respond, I am purchasing a VFIZ within the next month, I’ll be sure to post videos and whatnot you guys may be curious about.

I look forward to your review. Sounds like a neat addition.

Ive been running the VFIZ in my car for a few months now and I love it. Only regret I have is not finding out about it sooner.

I think you got it within like 2 or 3 months of its debut, it hasnt been out for too long. I just put in an order for one. :slight_smile:

I think you got it within like 2 or 3 months of its debut, it hasnt been out for too long. I just put in an order for one. :slight_smile:

FYI, Cyber Monday is also active for VFIZ now.

Considering this for my S4. I saw the unit was now 200. Is that a plug and play with the sweeping needle and I can get basically all the pick ups that I can see in vag com.

For that price im very interested. I just want to make sure Idont have to spend extra.

last question. What is the difference in being able to control the unit via MMI do you need special software to control VFIZ through the MMI if you want