Think someone is trying to scam me

So get a pm from someone on AZ looking for an alternator. Guy sucks at using the messaging system and somehow gets my messages but then goes back and replies to old ones or something. Anyway, he is from Oman supposedly, needs an alternator. Asks me to email him because he knows he sucks at the messaging system. Email him, says he will take it and will pay in the morning. I get paypal payment for the agreed upon price. He notifies me he sent payment from his wife’s account which has a confirmed address in the UK. Red Flag #1. I then get a shipping address to send to, its in the US, don’t really think anything of it because I know there are a lot of people who will ship stuff to relatives in the US and then have them ship a bunch of stuff at once to them.

Here is the address
182-21 150th Avenue
Springfield Gardens, NY 11413
Tel: 718-553-8740

Looked a little strange to me so I google it, well what to you know, the first page is full of scam reports of people from overseas who paypal money then have you send ti to a freight forwarding company at this address. Red Flag #2.

At this point it seems the plan is to get the tracking from me, then file a claim with paypal saying that it wasn’t shipped to the correct address/confirmed address in paypal. Gets his money back because paypal sucks in situations like that, and gets a part.

So as much as I do not want to jeopardize great seller feedback and possibly screw an honest person who might be “conveniently” using the same company as scammers in the past, I really want to just USPS this shit a empty package to his confirmed paypal address and let him go fuck himself LOL, thoughts?

Paypal protects you if you ship to their confirmed address. If you ship to a different address then you have no grounds.

Was this on eBay or the forums? If it wasn’t ebay, then you have nothing to worry about in regards to seller feedback for canceling. If it is ebay, then use eBay’s global shipping program to send it to his confirmed address and it won’t cost you anymore to ship than it would to any US address.

Also, if it is eBay, try to keep all messages in their message system when possible. If they try to pay you outside of eBay, try to get you to ship to a different address, or if they EVER bring up the “I won’t leave good feedback unless you do XYZ”, then you can have eBay support look at the messages and it will side in your favor.

I’d either ship to confirmed address or tell him too bad. Unless you’re not worried about the price of the part. But even then you risk being accused of failing to deliver and hurting your rating just the same.

Or tell him th only way you will ship to that address is if he sends you the money “family and friends” then he can’t file any claim on his end.

Good idea, should have thought of that. Think I was too annoyed at this asshole trying to pull a fast one. He did just join AZ as well.

Refund him the money and don’t send the part. Make up an excuse if you want or just tell him you aren’t falling for the bullshit.

Not too much of this adds up. But here is where that number comes back from

Aramex International Courier

Courier Service • Jamaica

14729 182nd Street, Jamaica, NY 11413

(718) 553-8740

Don’t send that message through eBay. If you do, he can contact eBay and your account can get dinged or even suspended/banned. It’s against eBay and paypal’s policy.

Just cancel it. Don’t think too hard

Report what you found to eBay as well and of he does file negative feedback ask eBay to remove it

If he leaves you negative and you can’t get it deleted, leave a reply to the negative and say 'refunded money because he is a well known scam artist from Oman with multiple addresses ’

Nobody looking at feedback will fault you for that

Lol this is all through AZ (audizine) if it was ebay I wouldn’t be concerned at all. He did say he would resend as a gift…time will tell. Supposedly he has to buy some stuff from JHM too.

Justin, yea it’s a freight forwarding center, and commonly used to scam people because it isn’t the PayPal confirmed address.

And just got payment as a gift, guess the guy was serious. Anyway, be careful with those freight forwarding services.

I totally wouldn’t do this. There are plenty of people who want parts.

interesting. Let us know if anything happens.