Thinking of Getting JHM Tune

With all the tuned talk and actual results.

I keep forgetting we have videos on this site.
http://audirevolution.net/videos/185/worlds-fastest-aud-5.2-s6-s8-v10

Think of the S6 more like a momentum car… On track I kept up with or left most normal street cars. But that was also due to Quattro, Traction Control being turned off, Powerful braking, etc… I’d imagine that it would be disappointing when drag racing unless you have gutted cats and headers.

s6 and s8 are definitely not 0-60 cars. Just tooo much weight.
3000 lb car with 350- whp will easily take these 0-60.
these cars are 70+mph cars.
I havent driven a demon or anything like that but goddamn the S8 is a highway monster, it just does. not. stop. pulling.
Havent done over 120 yet but its gets there quick, and it feels like it would continue getting north of there just as quick.

I’ve gone 120-130s down Hwy 59 in Houston (5 lane major highway) at night and once you’re going… you’re not stopping. Doesn’t even feel 100mph+ in these luxury beasts! :slight_smile:

exactly! quick stoplight fun against my buddies 2017 Chevy SS he starts walking me. But him and I both agree the S8 is a monster on the highway, 70+ to whatever you feel comfortable doing is its game. The faster it goes the better it feels. Tooling around at 70-80 it just cruising for it, 95+ the suspension feels like this is where its tuned for, the steering nice and heavy, keeps the nose pointed straight and true. 3500 rpm from the exhaust giving it that awesome euro warble behind your ears,

Agreed on highway speed.

In terms of performance, tune alone we’re talking roughly 30 whp on Cali 91. Add in supporting mods and exhaust and decent gas and you are running wth rs4s as Justin mentioned. These are not 0-60 cars these are throttle and tip in cars 70+ At speed.

These cars are about cruising the autobahn in excess of 90 mpg sustained speeds and handle better than it should for the weight and size. These cars at 7-8/10s are way more fun than a e60 v10 m5 (except during the rare 8-9/10s) since you actually have tq. These cars will surprise you 0-45 as well with all the tq and awd, so many other red monsters have traction problems 8 out of 10 times. Wth headers the car truly comes alive the way the engineers imagined it before the emissions folks got in the way.

Good morning
I didnt really mean to dig up such an ancient topic but I do feel the need to share my experience about my most recent mod on the 200k 08 S6.

Previously mods;

JHM IM Spacers,
LW Crank Pulley,
New IM,
Milltek Exh.

Yesterday Installed the JHM tune, with night and day low end, tip in throttle response,
Car is an Absolute F…ing Beast top end always has been, now its just plain stupid. She is moderately quick 0-60mph, part-mid throttle response is ridiculous in any gear from 2800-4k now… Dont know about (D) or (S) mode, I’ve never driven any of my 3 S6’s in any mode other than (M) seriously…
The Hwy is where these cars want and need to reside, 70+is lightning quick and the fact that they hit the factory speed limiter (165) quickly after the 115-125 mark is just stupid fast… There isn’t many others that can hang with these cars while stretching a little on hwy especially after installation of the tune. Waiting to investigate if JHM has removed factory speed limiter in their quest for tuning excellence, or at the very least upped it to about the quarter of 2 position!!! Lol.
All in all I am very happy with the mods JHM continues to produce for our aging relics.

To anyone on the fence about the tune or any JHM mods for that matter, I would highly recommend them. But as always with any vehicle, repair all diagnostic, mechanical electrical issues/faults before installing any modifications... 

Be safe and enjoy

1 Like

Always helpful to have members pop in. No thread is too old especially when the update has a lot of relevance.

Did you just do the ECU or did you do the TCU tune as well?

ECU so far, TCU has been purchasd was thinking of giving it a few days then TCU for the finale

Justin,

Update, I have installed TCU programming about a week ago.. So lets start from the beginning shall we, I had installed JHM ECU tune 2 wks ago, Holy Shit what a difference. So far the best investment for our cars... A week after the ECU tune I flashed the TCU, definitely a vast improvement over stock. Although I would personally like to see a little refinement in part throttle upshifts..  I also feel as though downshifts could be quicker and the 2nd to 1st shift limiter (limits shift due to MPH I believe??) needs to be raised to about 25-28,30mph.

That being said I only have one drive ability issue that I’m currently experiencing. Which is a complete cut out of power during and after the 1-2 shift for a brief .5-1sec that seems to always come in at about 4100-4500rpm following the 1-2 shift… The issue is directly tied to the ECU flash’ and has nothing with TCU flash… Which I thought was just the ECU’ relearning after initial setup… It’s time I talk to the V10 support team over at JHM and see what they have to say about it… Would you happen to know what channels I need to log on VCDS to give them the proper data to sort out issue… Thanks for your help

Turn off your traction control and then try it again. It shouldn’t happen after that.

Yes sir,
I should have mentioned that I tried that already the other day. Both ASR and ESP turned off as much as it lets us… I also notice it a lot more while 1/4-1/2 throttle on the 1-2 shift, also once she cuts out I never get back full throttle, only pulls at about 70%.

Same happened to me for first several months of having the ecu tune also. Exactly the same and super annoying I understand. It seemed to go away after a few months? Playing around with the ESP button, coincidentally it stopped doing the above mentioned issue. I can safely say it doesnt do this anymore buy 5% of the time if I do not press the ESP button it will do it. It is random. I consider the issue resolved on my car. I would wait it out and put some miles on the car

1 Like

Laketahoequattro,
Thanks for chiming in. I feel better knowing I am not alone In dealing with this issue. I have been shutting off stability as well as traction control as soon as I get into car… I feel as if that only works 20-30%time, Still cuts out more often than not, my main concern is with the lack of power during these events, like I said I can feel a 15-20% loss of throttle response basically until the next upshift… I am goin to continue logging miles and hoping for the best…

Thank you

Has JHM ever made any updates to the ECU tune since they came out with it?

Sounds much more like a hardware issue rather than a tune issue. I’ve never had that problem. Maybe upload logs and see what the pros can find, or email V10 support and wait for response.