Timing solenoid o ring replacement problem

I am replacing the o-rings on the 4 VT solenoids because of oil leaking from them. On the last one, located in no mans land passenger side next to the spark plug, I lost the screw. Didn’t hear it fall, can’t see it inside the hole. I did stick a magnet down there, but nothing.

I used a magnetic torx on the others, but this one has the coolant tank bracket in the way, so i used a shorter torx and loosened it while pulling on the solenoid so the screw would remain in the solenoid bracket hole. So much for great plans.

Is there a hole somewhere in the solenoid hole where the screw could have gone? it’s really hard to see in there. If there is, where does it go? If not, I can just replace the screw.

This goes without saying but can you shoot an inspection camera in the area? Can you post a picture giving a better idea on EXACTLY the spot you’re talking about.

Thanks Justin, i tried the camera, but I couldn’t get a good view of the interior sides, just the bottom. It doesn’t look like the screw is small enough to get anywhere, from what i can see. i have attached a picture of the inside of the tube the solenoid goes into. You can see a small hole at the top, but it feels like it is drilled on an angle, and about the same size or smaller than the screw, looks like nothing could fall in there (says the guy who can’t find the screw)

Good picture BTW that is a hard angle to get a camera in. I think you’re safe with that one I can’t see the screw being able to be in that area

I thought the same, put it back together, and so far no issues. I’m sure if it’s in the motor somewhere, I’ll know soon. Thanks again for the help, this is the only place I trust to get good advice.