TT RS - APR vs ABT

Now that we’ve opened a new facility in germany, we’ll be doing more tests against the German tuners.

Here’s how we stacked up against ABT’s 4,049 € ECU upgrade.

Personally, I can’t wait. The dyno figures I see out of germany mostly make no sense at all. They never show stock figures, and always base their gains on what the factory reports for stock. On top of that, each tuner one ups the other by 5-10 HP. Seems fishy.

This should be fun and should we need improvement in any areas, we’ll just work harder. : )

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t31/1048020_1446613642235820_2035589740_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/1425887007641817/photos/a.1445959632301221.1073741829.1425887007641817/1446613642235820/?type=1&theater

Arin it’s so great to see APR reach further in helping the Audi community.

They seem to base ‘gains’ off of stock (seemingly crank) hp.

Looking forward on seeing progress on this!

Wow! Apples to apples except for the tune?

Yes

It’s true , they dyno figures out of Germany/Europe are weird. They seem to do things that way to take advantage of the easy delta afforded them when Audi under-rates cars. Although they may not really under-rate them…they just release figures for the lowest denominator. Basically not ideal altitude and shitty 91 octane gas. When you dyno on 93 on a winter day, of course stock looks better than Audi’s claim.

As for this APR vs. ABT thing, c’est la vie. This is why dynos are useless…something about 50 of us have been trying to tell the Audi world for 6 years. All that matters is performance gains. That’s why you’re buying your performance mods…FOR PERFORMANCE. If ABT whipped APR’s ass in a 1/4 mile run and a 40-120 mph race, would you still buy the APR tune because the dyno is prettier? I sure hope not.

Damn APR, you guys are taking over the world. Very cool to see such a transparent, quality company expanding. Need any new employees? :wink:

Have any of the other companies done any performance testing of the TTRS stuff?

There was a race of a TTRS vs. an E60 M5 on M5board.com a year or two ago and that was about all I’ve seen. I think that was ABT Tuned. It should whipped the shit out of the 500 hp M5.

We have seen some APR TTRS testing by customers/dealers but I don’t think APR own one. There did appear to be a TT at that APR dragstrip day the other day. Was that RS or S?

Saki, I haven’t seen a lot to be honest… I know the video you speak of, it was a green RS, correct? APR does own a RS but it’s stage III… It’s a suzuka grey car the one that Matt faraha or whatever his name is tested… I am not sure if they took it to the strip or not?

I have yet to see GIAC, Revo, UM, etc car make any passes other than some European stuff that is at airstrips and not a certified strip… I think most of the US folks are afraid to embarrass themselves trying to launch and row gears in a 6-speed car down the strip… It’s a road race car remember ::slight_smile: lol The European guys(Stereotyping here) all talked down to me on Vortex about my times and how DSG cars are far superior… Yet not a one of them could produce a better 60ft time than I did in a stock car… The one dude was very proud of his 11.3x but got caught by some folks for lying on what gas he ran, weight reduction, and even some questioned his exhaust mods… He was by far the biggest negative poster toward my drag racing so I kind of quit posting as much over there and will do my own research in terms of what the car can do as I add some mods this year…

oh I think I remember that guy. He was all over you like a cheap suit. Talked a lot of shit…lots of passive aggressive or more like bi-polar craziness.

“Your times suck mine are the best! I’m just kidding I love you. You are shit.”

Pretty much… Here it is… I tried to be rational with him but he just wanted to boost his ego about a car he no longer owned… I’ll resurect the thread this spring once I have a downpipe and race gas tune and make a pass…

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6136632-Stage-I-TTRS-at-the-strip-on-pump-gas

Mitchy on the TT forum in the uk and a few others are pretty hardcore with regards to dragging they’re cars. Think Mitchy held some form of record over Johnny cocker for a while, check it out should have loads of info prime