Twin GT35's on 4psi

Front end has been off and on lately… the entire coolant system is connected so I’ll be bleeding that out and letting it run for 20-30 minutes tomorrow.

Realistically, I’m just waiting on the ChaseBays Brake Booster and it’s drivable. I still want to make a whole new engine harness, but that can more or less be done off the car.

It sounds incredible and with the scary 12.5:1 compression ratio, throttle response is snappy! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

So I’ve managed to get a nasty migraine simply from letting the car run for a few hours and checking everything over… needless to say I’ll be making a full turboback later this week for it.

With that said, coolant is bled and holding no problemo with the 16+ welds I had to make for the 1 1/4" aluminum lines and 3/4" stainless lines. Car sat at 85°c all day and didn’t even hear the fan kick on once.

Found some weird issues at idle that I may post up later this week if I can’t resolve it myself, but the car is almost there.

1 Like

-Chase Bays brake booster is in.

-Makin’ some downpipes for a full 2.5" turboback (3" is a really tight fit)

Enjoy the symmetry.

2 Likes

Finished up the full 2.5" turboback exhaust and it sounds absolutely mental! I have the charge pipes disconnected at the intercoolers so I can still drive it and hopefully not affect AFR’s too much.

This thing is absolutely disgusting and I love it.
Maybe some sound clips on the next post?!

2 Likes

Made it to work and goddamn, this is the best this 5.2 has ever sounded.

1 Like

Just driving around town enjoying the spool.

1 Like

Sleeper spec.

1 Like

So after a spending a day or two pouting around town no more than 5 minutes away from my house; decided to drive it 2 hours away and go to Loe Show in PA!

Car was flawless! Stay tuned for when we add the boost!

Anybody know at what power levels these engines fail?! Lol

3 options are far as tuning goes (need opinions)

-Run the stock ECU’s and hope they are capable of tuning for boost. Remake the entire engine harness $
-Make a new intake manifold with port injection and buy a decent Fuel Tech ECU and wiring loom. $$
-Buy Syvvecs ECU’s and tune the Direct Injection, also making a new engine harness $$$

Ran some wide open throttle pulls after a solid 250 mile trip this weekend.

1 Like

@CountVohn does custom remote tuning FYI. You may want to speak with him before making a final decision on tuning.

Anybody know at what power levels these engines fail?! Lol

We’re watching to see what you can get :grin:

Alright, so I think I have somewhat of a solid plan in place… I am switching over to port injection using standard Bosche EV14 550cc injectors (rated at 800hp on 90% duty cycle @43.5psi).

They’re are a few Direct Injection Delete kits available to me:
-Threaded inserts that require tapping out the existing holes
-Custom cut 4043 injector blanks that use the factory fuel rail to secure them in place.

Still up in the air about either or…

What I do know is that MaxxECU Pro is capable of easily running this and will come with a complete loom that I have to lay out and add connectors to (Yayyyy, bye bye janky wiring).

I’m currently waiting for the S6/RS6 intake manifold adapters from Germany, but in the meantime got a solid test fit (dimensionally, it’s right where it’s going to sit with the 81mm spacers + gaskets). As for the fuel rail, AMS already has one for the R8/Huracan! I just need to fabricate a solution for mounting it! I’ll update as stuff starts to trickle in.

1 Like

STILL waiting on those adapters… I’m becoming restless just starring at this thing lol.

Does the intake manifold require the adapters
to fit, or are those adapters to add port injection? Really considering switching over to the rs6 intake, since my original is gutted and costing me power anyhow.

These adapters are absolutely necessary to make the rs6 intake manifold fit. They don’t have port injection already on them so I still have to create a system for that once I get them…

And goddamn are they taking forever; DHL says they just landed in the U.S.

1 Like

Good to know. Do you have a link for the adapters. Love seeing something happen with the v10 platform. Keep on going.

Something like this?

Oem

@Kaclaytor You do not want to use the RS6 manifold if you are NA, if u think gutted OEM will cost you power, RS6 manifold would be waaay worse, it is explicit for FI application.

2 Likes

I have heard that, but have seen zero real world proof. So I think I will give it a shot with before and after draggy results. Biggest issue is lack of tuning options.