two weird noises

Okay so I have two weird noises. 2003 A4 B6 Avant 3.0L 6mt

One I have the Jhm trio kit with the crossrod upgrade. I had a flush of the tranny done and when I shift sitting still the engagement is loud. You can hear it. I know the fluid was coming out the fill hole so it had enough in it. Anything else to look at?

Also when I reverse you can hear a whine. I believe its coming from the rear. Guessing maybe fluid change?

Can you describe the sound? Capture it on video?

A few things. If you removed the almost carpet looking sound deadner under the shifter boot put it back you will be surprised how that usless looking thing helps deaden the sound. I seem to notice when adding any of the JHM units that they are very much more solid and without all the rubber and the slop the JHM pieces help transferr some of the noise. Last when you change fluids on a manual especially. I always ser the pitch her higher. I put this to the fact that the old fluid even tho it didn’t look super goupy was thicker and the thinner fluid deadens the sound less.

I have the trio kit too and if my windows are down I can hear it really loud the sound of metal linkage going “click click” when I shift into gear I even hear it with windows up if all other sounds are off. I think it sounds cool. Not sure if these are the noises your hearing. The reverse sound definitely isn’t normal cuz mine doesn’t make any sounds for reverse. No idea what that is. And especially if you have the 01E with jhm setup it is probably louder than with other transmissions.

I will try to get video’s. But when reversing it sounds like a gear whine in the rear end. I am guessing probably need a fluid change. I am not sure.

I’ve always had some gear whine in reverse, though is never that noticeable. Also, the foam at the shifter gets rid of a lot of noise from shifting, a lot more than I expected it would.

Sent from my Moto X

Noisy reverse gears are notorious for the 01E

thats good to hear then. So not damaging to the car.

Both noises are probably just your car crying for attention because it wants to be taken to the drag strip.

Ya the avant well not go to the drap strip lol

It makes a good pit car. Never say never.

I know of an avant whose average speed to the strip was higher than its trap. That’s either really good, really bad or both lol

It wouldn’t happen to be a black avant… would it?