v10 broken manifold flaps?

as i was trying to pinpoint the source of the oil leak, (i did the passenger valve cover seal, will be doing driver side tomorrow), i had my wife rev up the car, the thing clatters like crazy! not a normal/good sound.
it has great power and cant hear it from inside…to me it sounds like its coming from the intaje manifold…
may have a few broken flaps I assume?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tom8rZbKQw

When my two flap were broken it did not sound this way from what I recall. It could be a vac link among a host of other things

There is a good chance that can be a broken flap but still its hard to say due to the FSI injectors making a lot of noise and if the injectors have carbon build up like almost all of them do you can get more mechanical noise.

Normally the broken flap noise tends to calm down with RPM as a constant force is acting on the broken flap and that pins the flap in one position. sure this dosent happen all of the time but it is common.

Generally your going to hear more of the noise at low rpm as there is just enough pull and flow to make the flap move around freely. If you have an inspection camera you can pull off the top Y section and have a look down the runners. ts not always going to 100% of the time give you the best picture but it will certianally help give you a good idea. If you have vag com you can cycle the flaps in vag com. Doing that will allow you to look at each one to make sure its moving.